Helmsdale Opening 2020

carbisdale caster

Reaction score
Posted earlier by Glencoast on facebook:

🎣Helmsdale River Opening 2020 🎣

Today marks the end of the 2019 Helmsdale Fishing Season, that means only 103 Days until 2020 Opening Day.🎣

Helmsdale River Board have generously offered the first 13 days free for the start of the 2020 season. The season starts on Thursday 11th January 2020 with the free fishing continuing until Saturday the 25th January.

KChrome

Reaction score
Posted earlier by Glencoast on facebook:

Today marks the end of the 2019 Helmsdale Fishing Season, that means only 103 Days until 2020 Opening Day.🎣

Helmsdale River Board have generously offered the first 13 days free for the start of the 2020 season. The season starts on Thursday 11th January 2020 with the free fishing continuing until Saturday the 25th January.
I assume you meant Saturday 11th January 2020? Not that far away now though! :)

Greegs

Reaction score
We are going up to the opening.

I’ve said I’m going to do it for years but eventually got round to going..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

zebraness

Reaction score
Tight lines to all making the trip. Fantastic part of the world, the odds may be long but it’s windy and warm tonight so ice won’t be an issue - the gin bash last year was apparently epic!
Z.

orchy1999

Reaction score
Looking at the forecast the river will be rising tomorrow, considerably. Plus it's a saturday and is quite warm despite the strong winds so it'll probably be mobbed :(
Hi Paul have a good one if your heading up say hello to the troops for me I wish is was there this morning:)

speers

Reaction score
raining very hard now up here on the top, if the river isn't rising id say there would be a slim chance of a fish, due to the big tides and mild conditions.

Westcountry

Reaction score
Looking at the SEPA gauge it has just shot up over 2 feet in the last few hours and it looks like rain all morning at least so I'll give it a miss.
Tight lines to those that do brave it.

Andy

orchy1999

Reaction score
I haven't bothered for the last few years Shug, far too busy for my liking. I was just going to have a cast on the Carron instead as it's far closer to home but it'll be big today.
I think the whole country will be big today after all the rain we have had sitting in the hoose bored oot o me skull:)

zebraness

Reaction score
I popped up to Braelangwell but didn't even bother getting the rod out the truck, the water was 47.6 degrees though..

Nice pics and a cracking pool - been far too long since I fished it. Much better day in the highlands today, bright and clear so levels should be on the way back down - be interesting to see if early fish appear on Helmsdale or upper Ness tribs opening next week. Z.

carbisdale caster

Reaction score
First one off the Helmsdale this morning by an angler called Addie Sutherland from Brora,13.5lb springer,long tailed sea lice from Little Rock, beat 6 @ 10.30am. Just pipped to the post By Callum Beattie keeper on the Carron at Gledfield yesterday with a 12lb fish

Last edited: