Hello

The Flying Scotsman

Reaction score
Welcome Ian.
Plenty good info to be had on here and a fair bit banter too.
I’m sure the ribble boys will keep you right.
New member.

I'm from Lancashire and as suggested by my user name I'm a pest controller by trade.
Enjoy all round fishing.
Was hoping to catch my first ribble salmon this season but not sure if I'm 20 years to late 😳🙁

Ian

Lamson v10

Reaction score
Hi Ian and welcome to the mad house that is the SFF 👍😁

mibi have a wee look in on the thread that's on the go at the moment .. to catch a rat 😂

Arnold

budge

Reaction score
Welcome Ian, not too late just yet on the Ribble. Put the hours in and you will get one.

Sent from my CPH2127 using Tapatalk

Occasional salmon fisher

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. The Ribble has a thread in the English Rivers section of this forum each season, normally plenty of posts in there when the season gets underway.

You can certainly catch a Ribble salmon, just need to be in the right place at the right time and find a daft one !

Last edited:

jimmythefish

Reaction score
Nice to have you along Ian,interesting job you do mate👍Great bunch of fellas on here that cover the whole of the uk and the whole of Ireland that will keep you right on whatever you need to know,and I can honestly say that. Don’t be afraid to ask a question,you’ll get someone whole know the answer,we all had to start somewhere,if your a novice they will help you get better,and if your really experienced you’ll alway improve with others help. 👍

Rennie

Reaction score
Healthy Ribble thread on here and some good people who fish Ribble too Pesty.Nows the time to start making your plans.
Good luck, Pedro.