Hardy Zephrus 14ft 6 inch

Sewinboy

Reaction score
Anybody tried the above mentioned rod? I’m interested in any feedback regarding action, line weights, line types, user friendliness, etc. Thanks

John McElroy

Reaction score
Cracking rod. I’ve had that one for a few years since a Zenith was pinched. It was the replacement rod provided by the insurance. It’s like the Zenith but with more feel. More of a through action than the Zenith, but not a true through action rod. Good with both heads and Spey lines. Can’t fault it really.

paddymc

Reaction score
Cracking rod. I’ve had that one for a few years since a Zenith was pinched. It was the replacement rod provided by the insurance. It’s like the Zenith but with more feel. More of a through action than the Zenith, but not a true through action rod. Good with both heads and Spey lines. Can’t fault it really.

Agreed.

It does everything a 14’6 Zenith does or more, but in a more relaxed and enjoyable way.

42g afs and 10wt or 11wt rio scandi versitip will cover most eventualities and fly off the rod.

Bluesnappa

Reaction score
I know time has passed since you asked but I got one in the last month of the season and it’s the best rod I’ve ever used for salmon. I use a #10 Rio scandi and it’s great. Brought in a 15.2lb salmon easily and quickly to give the fish a good chance once released. Light, precise and accurate.

gaula

Reaction score
i have had my zephrus 14'6'' for 3 years now, i find it an exellent rod,
mine is set up with a Hardy Zane no2 reel, & a Hardy 9/10 multi tip spey line,
i find this works very well, & is a pleasure to cast.

Andrew B

Reaction score
Someone pinched your Hardy Zenith. Hope it wasn’t a fellow angler?