Hardy Rocket Scandi Heads

Rennie

Reaction score
Well, after rummaging this months T+S there's an offer on the Table for for the Hardy Scandi heads at 2 for £50.So I'm keen enough to take a punt.
I'd be looking at then to cover my Zenith 12ft 6ins 7 weight.I already cast that with 510 grain Airflo heads. so I'm wondering which head size to go for as I've not tried these Hardy heads yet, should it be the 6/7 or the 7/8. I seem to recall the weights are a bit on the uppity side from memory!.
Any help will be real cool..
Pedro.

Last edited:

ballintemple

Reaction score
I use the 7/8 31g for my Cross ST 12'2" ; lovely combination. The various body/tip options cast extremely well.

chriswjx

Reaction score
Novice question about these, they come in a massive range of sink rates. How do you pick what you might need/want?

I too saw the T+S advert, and was considering it, as currently I've stuck with just sticking various polyleaders to the end of a floating head, and at the price, seemed like a good way to get into getting variable sink tip lines.

Hopefully will be fishing the PDAA waters, with the odd trip down to the Tweed. So any recommendations on which 2 sink rates would best supplement the current, basic, arsenal would be greatly appreciated.

NEbody

Reaction score
Well, after rummaging this months T+S there's an offer on the Table for for the Hardy Scandi heads at 2 for £50.So I'm keen enough to take a punt.
I'd be looking at then to cover my Zenith 12ft6 6ins 7 weight.I already cast that with 510 grain Airflo heads. so I'm wondering which head size to go for as I've not tried these Hardy heads yet, should it be the 6/7 or the 7/8. I seem to recall the weights are a bit on the uppity side from memory!.
Any help will be real cool..
Pedro.

I use a #7/8 on my 11’9” Demon. If anything, I think you’d find it on the light side for your Zenith. The #6/7 would definitely be too light.

The other line I use on the Demon is a Rio Scandi Short at 480gr (iirc) and the Hardy feels a bit more delicate than that.