Hardy Jet Sintrix switch

Petekd

Reaction score
Picked up an unused 10’6 4/5 weight on a whim from a classifieds site in winter for a couple of hundred euro. It came with a matching Barrio switch line. Hadn’t really much of an idea as to what it would be like but took a punt on it as couldn’t go wrong at the price. Well, to say I was pleasantly surprised is a monumental understatement... what a fantastic little tool this rod is! I cannot get over just how good this rod behaves. A perfect match to the Barrio line, like a wand, light as a feather in the hand but it absolutely pings a line as delicate as you like across the river. Had a good play with it today, I watched virtually the entire length of the barrio line vanish with every cast. That little rod is hopefully going to be massive amounts of fun come grilse time. I was a little concerned at the rating, 4/5 weight but hopefully there’s enough backbone in it to go taming some grilse come July.
Anyone got one? How does it behave with a decent fish on the end?

Last edited:

SalmoNewf

Reaction score
I don’t have that line weight but I do have the 10’6 6/7 wt.. It has handled fresh run fish of up to 17lbs. quite easily. Love the rod.

Petekd

Reaction score
I don’t have that line weight but I do have the 10’6 6/7 wt.. It has handled fresh run fish of up to 17lbs. quite easily. Love the rod.
I thought myself a 4/5 rating might be a bit silly but having had a good play, I think within reason, where I fish it should be ok. The proof of the pudding will be in the catching, Cannot get over just how much fun this little thing is to use and how well it performs. Some set ups just work, this is quite simply superb.

lefthandup

Reaction score
I thought myself a 4/5 rating might be a bit silly but having had a good play, I think within reason, where I fish it should be ok. The proof of the pudding will be in the catching, Cannot get over just how much fun this little thing is to use and how well it performs. Some set ups just work, this is quite simply superb.
I have the 7/8 and I really like it, I'd imagine but correct me if I'm wrong, your 4/5 wt will almost perform handling Salmon like a 7/8 wt single hander would.

simoncassidy

Reaction score
I have a 10ft #6 Demon Sintrix and an 11ft #6/7 Demon Sintrix Switch they are both made with 330 Sintrix which is the same as yours,The singlehander is one of my favourite rods to use for summer salmon.I use a 19g Guideline Uls with Polyleaders and 20lb Amnesia running line,you want to try that outfit for fun amazing is how it performs.Landed a 14lb Springer on it last year along with lots of grilse no problem.The 11fter has only been test cast as the 10fter is too much fun to leave in the boot.

Petekd

Reaction score
I have a 10ft #6 Demon Sintrix and an 11ft #6/7 Demon Sintrix Switch they are both made with 330 Sintrix which is the same as yours,The singlehander is one of my favourite rods to use for summer salmon.I use a 19g Guideline Uls with Polyleaders and 20lb Amnesia running line,you want to try that outfit for fun amazing is how it performs.Landed a 14lb Springer on it last year along with lots of grilse no problem.The 11fter has only been test cast as the 10fter is too much fun to leave in the boot.
I’m very much looking forward to tying it in knots shortly 😂. I had a smile on my face as wide as the river within a cast or two, just an absolute joy to fish with.