Hardy Bougle V centenary reel

snap t

Reaction score
Looking for a Hardy Bougle V centenary reel 4". Long shot but worth a try.

Thanks

badger

Reaction score
One for sale on here if you've got the bucks:

Hardy Bougle MKV 4" Centenary Edition Salmon Fly Reel - mint | Vintage Fly Tackle

Failing that I'd check out the Spey Pages forum and get one of our brothers from across the pond to sell you one. They seem to come up more often over there. In fact on my own bougle hunt I became convinced that the majority of them now reside in the States and Canada. Steelheaders love them.

Best of Luck

snap t

Reaction score
Thanks, came across the one of the link. Just very expensive for that reel. Have put up on speypages as well, so far no joy.

Thanks Rink

badger

Reaction score
Yeah It's definitely on the pricey side, but market value ( As judged by what I've seen go on ebay in the last six months or so ) seems to be about the 500 squid mark . So not that much of a dealer mark up compared to some - still a lot of dosh though

Wish I'd bought a few of these reels back when I first though ' oh that looks pretty'. The flipside of people buying so many of these reels and sticking them in cupboard as an investment is that when you do find one it's likely to be minty .

Good luck with your hunt it will be worth it in the end when a fish makes it sing.

snap t

Reaction score
Thanks, with the rivers at the moment there won't be much singing !