Hard as nails

tawsalmon

Reaction score
An EBay seller used to do good deals on it. Sellers are still showing available at circa £2.37 with free postage.

Hemmy

Reaction score
An EBay seller used to do good deals on it. Sellers are still showing available at circa £2.37 with free postage.

I did look on eBay but got confused and couldn't work out which was the right one.....hence my reason for posting

Ypres

Reaction score
The Hard as Nails recommended to me by a fly tying instructor about five years ago is the clear coloured one in a tubular bottle. It often has the code Z2103. Apparently this is the original product and some of the later products do not dry to such a hard glaze. There are one or two of these on eBay now. Adding a link using an IPad is beyond my technical competence!

Hemmy

Reaction score
The Hard as Nails recommended to me by a fly tying instructor about five years ago is the clear coloured one in a tubular bottle. It often has the code Z2103. Apparently this is the original product and some of the later products do not dry to such a hard glaze. There are one or two of these on eBay now. Adding a link using an IPad is beyond my technical competence!

Hopefully somebody can help us out

Hemmy

Reaction score
Now you can see why I got confused.....there seems to be polis,stuff with nylon,hardener,gel etcetc
I was going to order some yesterday to give it a go but.....:help::help::help:

noeyedeer

Reaction score

Yes, it’s this one I use

Some of the bargain stores have other varieties that don’t soak in or dry as hard , esp the ones with added colour.

Personally I’ve gone back to a couple of coats of fresh Cellire before a final coat of HAN. Try it, you get a polished look to the head like s bead would be!

The Cellire is thinner and soaks in better, like a primer would for decorating.

Last edited:

billy fish

Reaction score
Hard as nailsColin.

Can anyone tell me what you use to thin this product. I've left the top off a couple of times which has thickened it.
Colin

gwelsher

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me what you use to thin this product. I've left the top off a couple of times which has thickened it.
Colin

Acetone. Nail varnish remover is Acetone but much dearer than the neat stuff unless you go to Poundland.

Ypres

Reaction score
Now you can see why I got confused.....there seems to be polis,stuff with nylon,hardener,gel etcetc
I was going to order some yesterday to give it a go but.....:help::help::help:

That's the one. The nail hardner. Does not seem to get thicker in the bottle no matter how long you have it. Needs no thinners. Not as common as it was. Think I'll get a wee stock in.

Last edited:

Lamson v10

Reaction score
A fetish for green butt's and now wanting nail polish :confused: is there something you wana get off yer chest :whistle::pound: