Happy Yorkshire Day!!

Tyke777

Reaction score
Just like to wish all fellow Yorkies a Great Yorkshire day :cool::cool:

HYD.jpg

luney

Reaction score
Happy Yorkshire day

I've been giving a mate of mine a lift on a few jobs round the Harrogate area Nidderdale area also. Been lucky enough to have had red kites flying over head whilst roofing a job too. The more I see of Yorkshire the more I like it. Jesus that was hard to say!!!!;);):cool:
But as Dorothy says there's no place like home.
Have a great day boys

simon grace

Reaction score
I've been giving a mate of mine a lift on a few jobs round the Harrogate area Nidderdale area also. Been lucky enough to have had red kites flying over head whilst roofing a job too. The more I see of Yorkshire the more I like it. Jesus that was hard to say!!!!;);):cool:
But as Dorothy says there's no place like home.
Have a great day boys

Ive just been out with the dogs and met a couple from Holland who are on a walking holiday in Yorkshire and stopping in Ilkley.Theyve done Upper Wharfedale,Upper Nidderdale and Wensleydale.Tomorrow theyre going to Harrogate for tea at Bettys Cafe.You do take it all for granted and to be honest I'd relocate to Scotland tomorrow if I could but my part of Yorkshire that I'd always regard as home.
Aye lad.Thers nowt better tha'nos..;)

Jock

Reaction score
Is this the one day in the year a Yorkshire Tyke will buy you a drink?:)

If so, then Malc (Tyke777) buy that barrel of real ale today and I'll drink it when we meet up in a couple of weeks time:D:D:D

Tight lines and best wishes to all Tykes:)

Tyke777

Reaction score
Is this the one day in the year a Yorkshire Tyke will buy you a drink?:)

If so, then Malc (Tyke777) buy that barrel of real ale today and I'll drink it when we meet up in a couple of weeks time:D:D:D

Tight lines and best wishes to all Tykes:)

Spooky - Just been down there tonight Jock, ordering the wee barrel for a journey north - enjoy the glass when you get there.....:D

Should have been down the wheatsheaf tonight John, I would happily purchased a said glass for you :p:p

Jock

Reaction score
Spooky - Just been down there tonight Jock, ordering the wee barrel for a journey north - enjoy the glass when you get there.....:D

Ya dancer......I am on free beer for a week:D:D:D

minitube

Reaction score
I've now seen the centre of the Universe, having spent six days in Yorkshire. Went over with the family for the Brothers wedding in Wakefield, reception afterwards at the Three Acres Inn and Restaurant near Huddersfield, some spot that, a magnificent place and bar, wonderful food. Really enjoyed the whole experience. He married a Yorkshire lass too so I now even have a Yorkshire Sister in Law.

Last edited:

Chicharito

Reaction score
I've now seen the centre of the Universe, having spent six days in Yorkshire. Went over with the family for the Brothers wedding in Wakefield, reception afterwards at the Three Acres Inn and Restaurant near Huddersfield, some spot that, a magnificent place and bar, wonderful food. Really enjoyed the whole experience. He married a Yorkshire lass too so I now even have a Yorkshire Sister in Law.

It is a good spot if a little expensive. It's very close to where I live.
One of the owners is a keen salmon fisherman and a professional casting instructor (Neil Truelove). I had a few lessons off him last year which helped me get to grips with the Double spey.
There is also a good fly-fishing shop close by as well - Flyonly.

Glad you enjoyed your trip.
The only thing lacking is some decent salmon fishing !

Hemmy

Reaction score

If you were only there for 6 days it's not too late.....see your doctor straight away and he can sort you out.:rolleyes:
As for your brother marrying a Yorkshire lass ....there's not much hope for him........:)

Heero

Reaction score
This topic keeps coming up. Yorkshire day seems to happen quite frequently.

MCXFisher

Reaction score
It is a good spot if a little expensive. It's very close to where I live.
One of the owners is a keen salmon fisherman and a professional casting instructor (Neil Truelove). I had a few lessons off him last year which helped me get to grips with the Double spey.
There is also a good fly-fishing shop close by as well - Flyonly.

Glad you enjoyed your trip.
The only thing lacking is some decent salmon fishing !

It's just up the road!

Chicharito

Reaction score
It's just up the road!

I meant close to the 3 Acres at Emley !

If you mean the Ure , I am aware of its growing reputation, but it is probably about
90mins away.
Having read your report on the Swinton Estate beat , I was a bit surprised that they haven't made the beat a little more accessible. I will pack a machete to clear the vegetation if I pay a visit.
If the Tweed continues to disappoint , I may well become a regular visitor though.

MCXFisher

Reaction score
I meant close to the 3 Acres at Emley !

If you mean the Ure , I am aware of its growing reputation, but it is probably about
90mins away.
Having read your report on the Swinton Estate beat , I was a bit surprised that they haven't made the beat a little more accessible. I will pack a machete to clear the vegetation if I pay a visit.
If the Tweed continues to disappoint , I may well become a regular visitor though.

The owner of the Swinton Estate emailed to inform me that as a result of my review they will be undertaking bank work to improve the access.

andy345

Reaction score
The owner of the Swinton Estate emailed to inform me that as a result of my review they will be undertaking bank work to improve the access.

That's good news, I've fished it quite a few times and quite like the place, like you say access was an issue in some pools - I was just concerned about how to approach it without the price going sky high - I'll certainly try a few days there next year.

Last edited: