Hampshire Avon 2021

sneakypeter

Reaction score
Nice fish, looks really fresh in the picture I have seen, water looks good too, decent clarity, still over the banks though, only a month plus too wait until travel restrictions are history, very frustrating.

sneakypeter

Reaction score
Itching to get down there, nice to meet some familiar faces, and the great banter that goes on, missed out a lot last season, hopefully not too much of this one!

ellipse

Reaction score
Nice fish Colin.
With no rain forecast for quite a few days now and rising temperatures, conditions should be good for when the current restrictions are lifted.
Somewhat frustrating,but understandable.

Isisalar

Reaction score
I'm beginning to feel more and more local to Christchurch.
That's what it's all about, the Somerly fish.
The sickening thing was the reference to Ringwood Weir looking perfect for an hour. That's something I often do on the way to Winkton, from I suspect, the better side. This height of water it must hold them up a bit, lower water, not so much.
Bit of a nightmare to flyfish though.

Last edited:

Gary M

Reaction score
Hi Sean you can park in the Christchurch angling car park next to the electric station we have a pad lock on it to honestly mate i thought I was going to hit a fish with every cast it is shouting out salmon. πŸ‘

HantsAvon

Reaction score
Hi Sean you can park in the Christchurch angling car park next to the electric station we have a pad lock on it to honestly mate i thought I was going to hit a fish with every cast it is shouting out salmon. πŸ‘
Thanks Gary.....may give it a go on Friday.

HantsAvon

Reaction score
Had a go today.....below Ringwood Weir looked good. Also fished Ibsley, Gypsy Hole and Dog Kennel, but nothing seen and no touches.