Guidline Alta Sonic T Zip Waders

Shug Wilson

Reaction score
Folks any feedback/opinions on these waders used Simms since they landed in this country looking for a change.

Cheers Shug

salmonaddict

Reaction score
I've had mine for 3 seasons now and find them excellent. They do get a lot of use and still going strong. I have the previous model also which were used5 days a week at times and still bone dry. 👍👍👍 from me 👍🎣

Lamson v10

Reaction score
My mates got a pair and really rates them 👍. They'll be my next waders

JoeE

Reaction score
The issue I have with waders is, it all very much depends on where you will be fishing.

Waders will last years if you walking around banks that are well looked after, or consists of mostly grass, but take any pair to Ireland and they won't last a more than 2 years without needing patched. Am convinced they should all test them here first!

I have had several pairs of the non-zips all destroyed by irish river banks

Icelander05

Reaction score
I am using the Experience Sonic Zip for 3 years now, excellent and no issues. By the way - I do have a pair of these, unused in XLK, ordered for a friend in the wrong size, therefore I would give it away cheap. Would be an idea if the size matches.
Icelander05

leo

Reaction score
Another thumbs up from me. I've also had the Alta sonic zip waders for about 3 seasons after Norris did me a great deal when I got fed up with my previous breathables (not Guideline) leaking. At the time I wanted to buy another pair of Simms and I'm glad they persuaded me to try the Guideline ones. I have used them a fair bit with no leaks so far. I've had to walk through some major gorse in them expecting a leak but so far so good. However, I do tend to use my Oceans for when I know I'm going to have to negotiate undergrowth/lots of brambles etc (quite a lot of the time). When it's important to have good ankle support with very dodgy wading, I do find breathable stocking foots with proper wading boots a godsend, but for overall durability, they're never going to beat a pair of Oceans.

Shug Wilson

Reaction score
Folks
Thanks for the comments I have ordered the waders and boots from John Norris size LS & size 10 felt sole boots.

I also managed to get a further 20% off their current deal with code EX20 so picked up the waders and boots for £409.00 plus postage should arrive tomorrow;)

Lets hope the missus isn't in when they arrive:oops:

Rennie

Reaction score
I'm also a Guideline Sonic T zip user.I ended up with mine after a pair of Redington Zip fronted Dry Fly waders which were well cool, but 4 years in they failed as a unit almost catastrophically.
Any way nobbut a thumbs up for the Guidelines. The LS size is perfect fit for me from Simms through the Redington and to the Guideline.Just starting their 3rd season and not a hint of a damp spot. If I had to be picky, its the feet sizing which are more an 11 side of the 9/11 foot sizing most LS waders seem to be, they just need carefull putting on and feet organising into the boots before lacing up etc.
From the off, completely converted to zip front waders, wouldn't have any thing else at all now, good pocket system which plenty of waders fall down on. As ever 1st port of call should be Norris, I got a good deal from them- I know wader pricing is a bone of contention to many (including me too!) but so far I'm very very happy indeed with mine.
Pedro.