Guideline skagit

Llandogo

Reaction score
:redface:I have just come into possession of a previously owned Guideline RTG Skagit head with a couple of 15 ft tips. To be frank I am not into this Skagit thing but I thought I might give it ago at the start of the new season. My query is which end of the body attaches to the running line,is it the end with the line I.D. markings or does that go up front to the tip. It's a 550 grain so I suppose it will work on a 8 or nine weight rod. Probably never use it but at least I can say I have got one and am moving with the times.

Jock

Reaction score
On that line the id is on the front. A double check is to look at the taper. The front having a longer taper and the back a short taper to the thickest part of the line.

kenny007

Reaction score
:redface:I have just come into possession of a previously owned Guideline RTG Skagit head with a couple of 15 ft tips. To be frank I am not into this Skagit thing but I thought I might give it ago at the start of the new season. My query is which end of the body attaches to the running line,is it the end with the line I.D. markings or does that go up front to the tip. It's a 550 grain so I suppose it will work on a 8 or nine weight rod. Probably never use it but at least I can say I have got one and am moving with the times.
Great line. Nice and slow with a sharp stop and that baby fly's :amen:

Last edited:

Llandogo

Reaction score
Guideline Skagit

On that line the id is on the front. A double check is to look at the taper. The front having a longer taper and the back a short taper to the thickest part of the line.
Thanks Kenny,that's what I had assumed but it looks as if the end with the I.D. Has the shortest and thickest taper. I have had this before with lines. I suspect it is an earlier model maybe.