Guideline NT8 12’9 #8/9 Line recommendations

Stewart4wd

Reaction score
Any line recommendations for this rod would be appreciated. I’m currently swaying towards the 4d multi tip system but any advice would be appreciated.

Stew.

Stewart4wd

Reaction score
3D+ heads....look no further
Think whichever line I go for it’ll have Guideline on the box. I’ve got the 4d for my 15’ LPXe and it goes out sweet enough. I was balking at the thought of buying a new body and set of tips for this rod but I’ve now realised that the tips for my #10/11 setup can be used on the #8/9 line too so it’s not quite so painful financially as I thought it was going to be.

JoeE

Reaction score
I find the 4D a little to long for anything under 13ft personally, that's why I go to the 3Ds but since you have the 4D already give it a go and see

Stewart4wd

Reaction score
I find the 4D a little to long for anything under 13ft personally, that's why I go to the 3Ds but since you have the 4D already give it a go and see
Well it seems that Guideline have noted your comments Joe, they’ve just released a Guideline 4d compact multi tip range! Can’t see them in the UK anywhere yet but they’re on the GL website.

paddymc

Reaction score
Wish they would do a full floating head, other than the rm evolve.

JoeE

Reaction score
Well it seems that Guideline have noted your comments Joe, they’ve just released a Guideline 4d compact multi tip range! Can’t see them in the UK anywhere yet but they’re on the GL website.

They are indeed coming, don't think Guideline will have them until March 1st so few weeks after that I would say before UK stock gets in.

Hard to decide now between the new 3D and 4D on a rod I have them in mind for. Must actually compare them instead of just saying take my money ahaha

Stewart4wd

Reaction score
They are indeed coming, don't think Guideline will have them until March 1st so few weeks after that I would say before UK stock gets in.

Hard to decide now between the new 3D and 4D on a rod I have them in mind for. Must actually compare them instead of just saying take my money ahaha
Think I'll go for the 4d compact when it becomes available. Interesting to note, its virtually the same length body and head as the OPST commando lines, cant comment on the line profile though. The OPST lines are brilliant on my 11'6" rod, definitely worth a try for comparison if you ever get chance.