Guideline lpxe 12 8/9

Lgraydonflyfishing

Reaction score
Thinking about upgrading from a guideline elevate to lpxe for next season. Has anybody used the 12ft model they seem quite hard to come by and would be perfect for my small spate river (wear)

Rennie

Reaction score
I'm a fan of it's slightly bigger 13ft brother, a real peach of a rod.Heard from those that own it the smaller version is just as cool and a little sweeter!.
Pedro.

Lgraydonflyfishing

Reaction score
I'm a fan of it's slightly bigger 13ft brother, a real peach of a rod.Heard from those that own it the smaller version is just as cool and a little sweeter!.
Pedro.
Brilliant just need that 8/9 backbone for spate fishing cheers ??

keirstream

Reaction score
Thinking about upgrading from a guideline elevate to lpxe for next season. Has anybody used the 12ft model they seem quite hard to come by and would be perfect for my small spate river (wear)

Try to get your hands on a Loop Cross 12 foot, it's different class and probably not a lot of money as it has been discontinued.
Its my goto spate river rod and even on bigger rivers like the Teith in low water conditions it's hard to beat.
Teamed up with the Gaelforce 30g ESSS Switch line it lifts a 10ft sink 7 tip and a tube easily and throws it a mile without any double dunts.
Absolute peach of a set up and its never out of the boot of my car.(y)(y)

Lgraydonflyfishing

Reaction score
Try to get your hands on a Loop Cross 12 foot, it's different class and probably not a lot of money as it has been discontinued.
Its my goto spate river rod and even on bigger rivers like the Teith in low water conditions it's hard to beat.
Teamed up with the Gaelforce 30g ESSS Switch line it lifts a 10ft sink 7 tip and a tube easily and throws it a mile without any double dunts.
Absolute peach of a set up and its never out of the boot of my car.(y)(y)
One piece of kit I've never owned is loop. My mate swears by them he also has a cross in 13ft I think saw him use it a couple of times and I must say it looked effortless mate

JoeE

Reaction score
I have this rod and it really is a peach of a rod. Loads of backbone and excels with Compact heads from Guideline as well as Gaelforce Spey lines.

Been fishing it as my go to rod even in bigger water on spate rivers with I/2/3 head and10ft tips most of the year.

Lgraydonflyfishing

Reaction score
I have this rod and it really is a peach of a rod. Loads of backbone and excels with Compact heads from Guideline as well as Gaelforce Spey lines.

Been fishing it as my go to rod even in bigger water on spate rivers with I/2/3 head and10ft tips most of the year.
Thsnks mate will be having a rio scandi short on it hopefully performs the same. ??

Rennie

Reaction score
Just seen your piece in the Tyne thread, and my 13fter cast's a reet line with the Guideline short cut 8/9 head, a wonderfull combination!
Rage heads in 510 and 540 really do go!, but need longer leaders to anchor them and ensure a better touchdown presentation!.
Pedro.

Rrrr

Reaction score
The 13lpxe is perfect for the tyne i rekon. With a guideline compact head itl cover all you need with little effort.

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

DrPatrickT

Reaction score
It’s a nice rod, I use it on the Welsh Dee - and As rrr says, the guideline compact heads are perfect - BUT I like it with a 10ft tip on the end- it can definitely take heavier line. It won’t turn big flies over well - but it’s not a spring rod. A 540 rage is also nice on it And can turn a bigger fly over as it’s a hybrid scandi/skagit (40/60 % generously?)

DrPatrickT

Reaction score
Just seen your piece in the Tyne thread, and my 13fter cast's a reet line with the Guideline short cut 8/9 head, a wonderfull combination!
Rage heads in 510 and 540 really do go!, but need longer leaders to anchor them and ensure a better touchdown presentation!.
Pedro.

I agree Pedro, I’ve found the rage to skip unless you have at least; 10 ft tip and 6ft leader; 12-14 ft tip with 3 ft leader. It definitely needs longer than recommended to calm it down (on an LPXe anyway) - but fook, it’s generous to the caster even when you mess up!