Guideline Elevation Double Handed Fly Rod, 14ft 0in, #9/10

m.macenas

Reaction score
Planning to order this rod , any feedback? Apparently its lightest rod made this size weight only 200g.
Cheers

Hardyreels

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm bumping your post because I'm considering one myself.

Come on fellas someone owns a Guideline!

Rrrr

Reaction score
They did a live talk on their facebook page about the rod line up. May be worth a watch. They also did another on the diffrences between the ranges of rods comparing actions of the nt8, lpxe elevation etc etc

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Eminem

Reaction score
Too new for me to comment.
I did watch the Guideline webcast with interest. A nice item which is what you'd expect from one of the "Big Guns" out here.
I've previously enjoyed x2 LPXe rods, 1x LeCie and currently enjoy a LXi. I would have no issue whatsoever suggesting this is going to be a fine rod....provided you line it properly of course.

Rrrr

Reaction score
Im yet to find a guideline rod i dont get on with. Even the laxa switch which is on the cheaper end of things is a really nice rod to use once matched with the right line as i found the line it came with far too light.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Eminem

Reaction score
....I should have perhaps added that "lining it properly" means - with a line that suits both the rod and your own casting style.
I always go wth the manufacturers gram recommendations preferring a faster scandinavian casting style/approach. But many prefer to over-line the rod slightly using a slower, perhaps more classic spey, style/technique.

Last edited: