Guess The Weight

charlieH

Reaction score
tonyD2.jpg

So that's the theory that a fish ought to look larger when pictured with a smaller person well and truly blown out of the water! As you can see, this one weighed in at 46lbs; exactly the same weight as the previous one I posted. The two pictures are quite similar in composition, but this fisherman was a good deal taller than the previous one. And whereas the average of all guesses for the previous one was 4.6lbs (10%) on the low side, the average for this one came in at 50.3lbs, which is 4.3lbs (9.3%) over the actual weight. Congratulations to 1255Durham, who sneaked in under the wire with the final guess posted, but got it spot on.

Without checking back, I think this is the first fish I've put up which has had an average of all guesses over 50lbs.

salmo76

Reaction score
Now you`re being tricky , didn`t think you would put up one exact same weight as last lol.

charlieH

Reaction score
Now you`re being tricky , didn`t think you would put up one exact same weight as last lol.
Heh Heh! In fact these two pictures aren't in the main 40lber book that I have - volume 1 is full, and there must have been a volume 2 that sadly I don't have, so these are just a couple of pictures that I found in with some others. As I mentioned, these last two fish were caught within a couple of days of each other, in 1988 (the year that the Vosso catches collapsed so suddenly and drastically), and it was just coincidence that they were the same weight, but it's interesting to compare the two which is why I did put them up one after the other. As I said, I remember that the first one was unusually long, whereas the last one was much more typical of the hefty build that characterised Vosso fish - perhaps that's partly why the collective wisdom of the forum was low on the first and high on the second.

charlieH

Reaction score
JMW1.jpg

And talking of hefty fish, here's another one for your consideration...