Guess The Weight

charlieH

Reaction score
JN2.jpg

Well so much for my theory that showing a fish next to a smaller person would tend to make people overestimate! As you can see, this one was 46lbs (and the tiddler was 29lbs, incidentally). I don't have a record of the length of this fish, but if I recall correctly it was unusually slim for a Vosso fish, and according to Sturdy should by rights have hit the 50lb mark. Compared to some of the other fish I've put up I think it definitely doesn't look as chunky, and doesn't have the heavy shoulder that was characteristic of Vosso salmon.

Anyway, congratulations to Jeff, who got the wight spot on. The guesses ranged from 34 1/2lbs to 52lbs, with the average coming out at 41.4lbs, so exactly 10% low. As I say, I had thought that the combination of a short angler and a long fish might have led people to go high, but you weren't to be deceived!

charlieH

Reaction score
TonyD1.jpg

Here's your next fish to guess at. This fish was caught caught just a couple of days after the previous one, and by a rather taller angler! What weight would you give this one?