Gt video

Tyke

Reaction score
I enjoyed that, steelhead are definitely on my " bucket list ".

Regards, Tyke.

Becksbier

Reaction score
Absolutely superb watching & very interesting / unusual (or is it the way we go about it?) way he landed the ones he caught, ie. setting the rod down & then gathering the line in, before removing the fly & then releasing the fish. Will watch again, once I get Vimeo to stop stuttering! Again, thanks for posting.

Lancsflyman

Reaction score
Nice video clip pond.olive
Not often you see a complete family all sharing the same hobbies passionately.
Thanks for sharing

David B

Reaction score
Great Video :D - First watched it when it was posted on the forum by Nordicangler in February 2011 and have watched it a number of times since

Darzea

Reaction score
Absolutely superb watching & very interesting / unusual (or is it the way we go about it?) way he landed the ones he caught, ie. setting the rod down & then gathering the line in, before removing the fly & then releasing the fish. Will watch again, once I get Vimeo to stop stuttering! Again, thanks for posting.

I was looking at that also, would it have anything to do with the bamboo rod not having the same degree of flexibility as modern rods? There is one hell of bend in a rod to pull a decent fish onto the bank maybe he was protective his bamboo?

Eminem

Reaction score
8 mins 27 seconds - lovely casting technique and action by one of the daughters. Absolutely effortless :cool::cool::cool: