greys xf2 t vs hardy swift mk11

jimmylong

Reaction score
anyone had a cast of both these rods to see how they compare .
a knowledgeable man has told me the xf2 has a more "modern action"
just wondering as the swift is a very good rod and i would never have classed it as "old fashioned"

wormo

Reaction score
never cast a swift but the xf2 is a peach so user friendly too, one of the worst misteaks i made last season was punting my original x flite 15ft it's sorely missed what a rod that was a guess i got shot of it in a mad shooting head weem to go for a guideline set up which was duff......
also it was a bit of vanity on my part thinking i love this rod but wish it did not have the word "greys" written on it, defo the reason i caught more fish in the last two seasons than i ever had, was like an extension of my arm.

Hibernicus

Reaction score
I much prefer the action, feel and swing weight of the XF2 T 14'.
In so far as i can recall the Swift 14 has a stiffer butt section which to my mind made it more of a shooting head rod with less feel.
I would hazard a guess that the blank of the XF2 T has at least some of the nano technology in it.
Somehow the T version seems to be just as happy with shooting heads as it is with short spey and even short medium spey lines.
I will probably get a XF2 T 15' as well if only becasue it wil suit the new Hardy Mach Spey 9/10 lines whereas the same lines are to my mind too heavy for the XF2T 14'.
H

Last edited: