Greys grxi spin 11' 4 piece travel rod

natthargreaves

Reaction score
Hi Guys
I am in the market for a new spinning rod my partridge gave up the ghost two weeks ago.I have done a little research and the GRXI 11ft travel rod seams to fit my needs.Just wondering if any one has owned or tested one.Any comments good or bad would be helpfull
tight lines Natt

speers

Reaction score
i have one and like it very much, a great rod for the money, maybe a little stiff but i used it for many years for my big river fishing .
b.r speers

speers

Reaction score
never had any problems with mine although the first time casting the end section came off casting seriosly big stuff whilst fishing the tay in a big flood years ago:eek:, i always tape the sections up now as it stayes up a full season pritty much anway.
i cant remember the actauall gramm,s the rod weight casts thoe.

Last edited:

spruce

Reaction score
never had any problems with mine although the first time casting the end section came off casting seriosly big stuff whilst fishing the tay in a big flood years ago:eek:, i always tape the sections up now as it stayes up a full season pritty much anway.
i cant remember the actauall gramm,s the rod weight casts thoe.

EXACTLY the same thing happened to mine, too much of a coincidence perhaps? I lost mine when it happened, spinning for mackerel and I am convinced I had assembled the rod properly. Put me off getting another.

speers

Reaction score
yep i always make sure i push the ferruels all the way home, but i dont mind taping them up either as it's a confidence thing now. it used to happen quite alot when i was a kid with spinning rods, they just work loose when really giving it a good old swing chucking big stuff some times.
i have the smaller brother of this rod also and they are good for the money.