greys gr70

MikeCC

Reaction score
Hopefuly its got a bit more bend to it than the GR50. When I gave the 15' GR50 the wiggle test in the shop it was as stiff as a poker.

MikeCC

Reaction score
Looks like this one's no different, quote from rod description -

"The fast action of the GR70 Double Handed Fly Rod produces a rigid rod body with a small amount of flex in the tip. Now this may initially seem as a disadvantage but this actually allows the rod to perform outstandingly. If you feel as though you have mastered a good casting technique and have good timing, the rod's fast action will work with you to produce longer casts and the strength in the rod will help you bring in larger fish quicker and easier."

bankwheel

Reaction score
These look like lovely rods, Hardy and Greys really know how to make a handle ( only my opinion ), I have three Sintrax rods and a small Greys double hander, I love all of them but I wish they would bring out a longer rod for a lighter line, it has always been that as the rods get longer the weight goes up, why?
How I would love a Sintrax 14 footer for a 30 to 34 gram line, what a cracking light line rod that would be.