GREY'S GR60 Switch #7/8

Chicharito

Reaction score
Just ordered a Grey's GR60 Switch #7/8 from Tackleuk for £173.84 with free delivery.
Substantially cheaper than all the major tackle dealers.
It's listed as £182.99 but if you use Discount code ZH1FE9 it's 5% less.

Just thought I would post it in case anyone is looking to give themselves a nice Xmas present.
Ordered a Barrio Switch line with the money I have saved . ( Most places are selling the rods for around £235).

Happy Xmas!!

Last edited:

Richardgw

Reaction score
Just ordered a Grey's GR60 Switch #7/8 from Tackleuk for £173.84 with free delivery.

Just thought I would post it in case anyone is looking to give themselves a nice Xmas present.
Ordered a Barrio Switch line with the money I have saved . ( Most places are selling the rods for around £235).

Happy Xmas!!

I’ve had thought you would have gone for the B&W Switch!?

Chicharito

Reaction score
I’ve had thought you would have gone for the B&W Switch!?

Good point ! I have an expensive rod in the process of being built by B&W so couldn't justify another one.
I have just sold a couple of rods on eBay and wanted to spend some of it on a bargain rod.
Also got an expensive puppy arriving soon. Its a hard life being a poor pensioner !
If anyone's got a brand new B&W switch or a 13ft Norway for £150 though , I might be tempted !

Stewart4wd

Reaction score

Happy Xmas!!

I’ve got this very rod which is now surplus to requirements if anyone’s interested. I’m open to sensible offers. It’s only been out three times so it’s still virtually brand new.

Fish Napper

Reaction score
I bought one of these last year due to trying my mates GR50, the GR60 had just been released and was curious about this “TOREON”, not sure what this material actually is? (a rebranded sintrix from Hardy??).
Anyway, opted for the 8/9 rated rod and matched with a Barrio Switch line. I have found this setup to be one of those magical combinations that just click and work amazing together, There is very little to make comment on about the rod, the finish i found is very good with a cracking wee reel seat, the cork could be a touch better and single leg screetchy eyes not the best but i have to remember this rod only cost me about £190 at the time, oh and please can Barrio change back to the old colour of head and running line, since i hit 40 i canny see the loading point!!! This is just one of those amazing setups like the Oracle Switch that make you smile for the cash paid.

Saturday mornings Brucie Bonus on my GR60.
2D3709B7-D102-4BC1-9510-7F89BF31AC6F.jpeg

Last edited:

Stewart4wd

Reaction score
I bought one of these last year due to trying my mates GR50, the GR60 had just been released and was curious about this “TOREON”, not sure what this material actually is? (a rebranded sintrix from Hardy??).
Anyway, opted for the 8/9 rated rod and matched with a Barrio Switch line. I have found this setup to be one of those magical combinations that just click and work amazing together, There is very little to make comment on about the rod, the finish i found is very good with a cracking wee reel seat, the cork could be a touch better and single leg screetchy eyes not the best but i have to remember this rod only cost me about £190 at the time, oh and please can Barrio change back to the old colour of head and running line, since i hit 40 i canny see the loading point!!! This is just one of those amazing setups like the Oracle Switch that make you smile for the cash paid.

Saturday mornings Brucie Bonus on my GR60.
View attachment 46087
Stunning fish Darren, what size was that?

Fish Napper

Reaction score
Well, i tried to get a photo angle to make it look massive and call it 34lbs, but was in a hurry to return so settled for 11lbs.

A very memorable fish taken on a cracking wee setup with my own tied flee. Does it get any better? Of course it disnae...