Greys G-tec or GRXi +

madmax

Reaction score
Hi guys I have the chance of a 15' G-tec cheap or should I buy a neew GRXi + what would you do? I have a 15' GRXi and I think it's a great rod but my mate has the G-tec and it's a nice rod so help me what should I buy?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

madmax

Reaction score
Already got a 13' rod it's more for trips away ie the Tweed and the Dee so I can take a spare

Cheers Wayne

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Rennie

Reaction score
I own a GRXi+ -the 11ft 6, 6 weight- and its a very nice rod indeed,very pleased with it,the GTec is a better rod-so say Greys!-,I see your plan in having a back up/spare,its very sensible,but speaking as some one who has "lots of spares!",sometimes they rarely get used and sit there for so long you get guilty and sell them on-virtualy unused!!.Unless you will regularly have a double pronged attack that requires 2 rods-I find I can change quick enough with my shooting head systems and even tho I can have multiple rod set ups on most days/occasions I rarely do.Maybe your better giving thought to going for an outfit that will let you broaden your horizons so to speak,a dedicated light line outfit for low water(that realy does pay dividend) or a rod for dedicated sunk line fishing,say the Tweed back end or maybe even a cross over rod that will cover two bases.Garry Evans in Cardiff were doing the GRXi+ range with a free Scierra MWF shooting head system(thats how I got mine!),opens the possibilities some what rather than a just "another rod"choice.Food for thought thats all,best of luck,Pedro.