Green Silk Shrimp - video Step by Step

easky

Reaction score
Had a bit of time over the holidays to do a bit of tying and this was one of the patterns I did. Its perhaps not as well known as the similar Bann Special but can do very well on its day, particularly later in the season. Its a pattern from the Faughan River and created by the late Lawrence Cunningham. Hope you enjoy and find it useful.

Part One

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lYZXajXbnF0&feature=c4-overview&list=UUH0D8qaIabN8rm54ELcZLyg

Part Two

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v7bYyWIeI34&feature=c4-overview&list=UUH0D8qaIabN8rm54ELcZLyg

Last edited:

Greatwhite

Reaction score
As you say easky very like a bann this fly was great for the Ray river had a few on it only it was tied on singles 10 12 very nicely tied good step by step easy explained ;)

Hemmy

Reaction score
Don't know how I missed this first time round......ah I see.....first posted on Hogmanay :D:D:D
Very well done....enjoyed it....nice looking flea :)

Hemmy

Reaction score
Don't know how I missed this first time round......ah I see.....first posted on Hogmanay :D:D:D
Very well done....enjoyed it....nice looking flea :)

Just noted the 2013.....does it still work ? :rolleyes::)

easky

Reaction score
Just noted the 2013.....does it still work ? :rolleyes::)

thanks guys and yes Hemmy... still works or it did in 2015 anyway :D.

I actually gave that particular fly to one of the guys who helped me with the filming.. and he was using it when his friend asked to try/cast his rod.. and you guessed it.. didn't the friend go and hook and land a fish using it.. much 'banter' ensued :D

Ypres

Reaction score
Green Silk Shrimp

Great video and tying instructions. Have tied up a couple myself and will look out Easky's other videos on You Tube.

Len