Great fun on single hander

Ban The Shrimp

Reaction score
You said your fish was deep hooked and bleeding you will have taken that one surely, no point in it being wasted.
Fish are tougher than people think, if it swims off strong it’s every chance. If every fish that had a little blood loss was taken then people would take the mick imo. It was deep hooked and it was bleeding but the fly was out in seconds and straight back into the water.

greenlaner2009

Reaction score
Fish are tougher than people think, if it swims off strong it’s every chance. If every fish that had a little blood loss was taken then people would take the mick imo. It was deep hooked and it was bleeding but the fly was out in seconds and straight back into the water.
the different colour of the water on the belly side of the fish in the picture shows significant blood loss should of been chapped and not wasted imo.

Speytime

Reaction score
Nice fish, those are the ones I'll keep.

If I do get a deep hooked fish I consider cutting the line, but try and remove the hook and it's a gonner.

I've learned my lesson on this a few times...watching them float down belly up 5 minutes after release.

Nothing wrong with taking a deeply hooked fish.
I agree 100% about taking a deep hooked fish, but if you were allowed people would start taking fish using deep hooked as an excuse.

I've got a couple disgorger that would reach far back if required and unhook a treble, it then covers the hook points so you don't re hook it on the way out, there really really good worth looking into if you don't have one.

Al