Goose Shooting

Tyke777

Reaction score
What a good looking old fashioned Black Labrador in the article, he was bred for strength and stamina never speed :thumb:
Its at least a start in the right direct - they can do a hell of a damage in short time them geeses !!

Rrrr

Reaction score
What a good looking old fashioned Black Labrador in the article, he was bred for strength and stamina never speed :thumb:
Its at least a start in the right direct - they can do a hell of a damage in short time them geeses !!
Seems to be loads this year, i was at the coast yesterday and seen 100s of them in a field chomping away on whatever was growing. Think they may have been graylag but not sure on geese.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Wee-Eck

Reaction score
Alex,
You are obviously not in Scotland. The reason I posted the article was although shooting geese in season here is legal, it is not legal to sell dead wild geese which was promoted as a protection method by organisations like the Royal Society for the Protection of Birds. Their numbers however have increased to such an extent that they have become a pest species especially on some of the islands where the main livestock are sheep and cattle that depend on grass to feed on. The geese were eating so much grass and arable crops that farming was not profitable so Scottish Natural Heritage have started issuing licences so that they can be shot and sold in an effort to control their numbers. It is still illegal to shoot and sell geese in the rest of Scotland.
Enjoy your shooting where you are while you still can.

meyre

Reaction score
Aye good news. It always seemed mad that one could shoot Greys and Pinks yet their excellent meat could not be marketed.
Waste not want not etc being a fine Island sentiment this change is welcome.
Will it mean more are shot as RSPB etc have claimed? I doubt it but it would be interesting to see dispassionate evidence on this question.