Gold Allys tube

rotenone

Reaction score
One of my first choices for dirty water or a falling spate

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Last edited:

rotenone

Reaction score
Nice looking fly! What’s the tying please?

Cheers!

Alastair
Tag. gold flat braid
tail. straight orange bucktail with gold flat synthetics mixed in.
Rib. Twisted veevus gold flat braid
body. gold flat braid.
wing. orange soft hair.
feather wing. hot orange gp tippet
hackle. Whiting hot orange cock saddle

Coneheads

Reaction score
One of my first choices for dirty water or a falling spate

Nice dressing , but no gold body to be seen ? a silver .copper, red or orange holographic tinsel body would also go well on the salmons menu with this dressing

rotenone

Reaction score
Nice dressing , but no gold body to be seen ? a silver .copper, red or orange holographic tinsel body would also go well on the salmons menu with this dressing
From the fishes eye view the body can be seen as theres alot going on at the top side of the fly, I believe what we put on the top of salmon flies creates the silhouette , but also when you use soft materials like I do, 60 to 70 percent of the flies volume is lost when its wet, so the body will shine through in the water, however 90 percent of the time my flies have no body materials at all as i fish soft hair wing tube flies, I am completely convinced in most cases they attack is triggered my movement, and with the amount of modern syntetics we can add the flash to a flowing wing or tail its I do that rather then tie a body,

Coneheads

Reaction score
From the fishes eye view the body can be seen as theres alot going on at the top side of the fly, I believe what we put on the top of salmon flies creates the silhouette , but also when you use soft materials like I do, 60 to 70 percent of the flies volume is lost when its wet, so the body will shine through in the water, however 90 percent of the time my flies have no body materials at all as i fish soft hair wing tube flies, I am completely convinced in most cases they attack is triggered my movement, and with the amount of modern syntetics we can add the flash to a flowing wing or tail its I do that rather then tie a body,

Rotenone
"I am completely convinced in most cases they attack is triggered my movement,"
That is why best to hand line/f8 retrieve
Exactly , the colourful dressings attract us anglers more than the fish

rotenone

Reaction score
Rotenone
"I am completely convinced in most cases they attack is triggered my movement,"
That is why best to hand line/f8 retrieve
Exactly , the colourful dressings attract us anglers more than the fish
This is the way i normally fish them no hook wrap, with the loose hook and the tail can move freely