Gloves for fly fishing

westie4566

Reaction score
Buy a box of nitrile gloves off ebay ....£6 gets you a hundred. Underneath them wear a pair of merino wool fingerless gloves, job's a good 'un.

I've used this combo for quite a few years now and it works a treat and still allows very good feel for handling running lines etc.

I suffer from circulatory problems in my hands and this set up has totally transformed my early season fishing.

Don't even think of going down the route of neoprene gloves. They are too thick, yet make your hands sweat too much and then your hands freeze.

pot belly

Reaction score
Thankyou for the reply. Will give it a go, already have the wool gloves so hopefully a cheaper alternative to some of the gloves I’ve been looking at.

Hardyreels

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Like many of you I live at rather a high northern latitude and there are days when cold is a reality. I've tried "fishing gloves" and the biggest problem has proven to be dexterity for handling my line (2 hand caster) I've also had my rounds with frostbite......

Just this past winter I found these at an outfitter in Wasilla Alaska.

13612.JPG

Have not googled the brand but I'm sure there is a source to order from. I've been able to use them twice and they actually are light enough that I can feel the line and I will continue using them this coming fall.

13613.JPG

Palms are not too grippy and they are the best I've found. Made for ice fishing here and Canada etc.

For your entertainment I offer a cold weather fishing story :) A Very Clod Place I don't do that often but wish I'd had those gloves then.....

Rrrr

Reaction score
Best ive found is mechanix with the fingers chopped off as the thin suede palm allows you to still feel what younare doing. Not the warmest and if you get them wet they are no use but everything else ive tried has been no use at all.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

JSO

Reaction score
Buy a box of nitrile gloves off ebay ....£6 gets you a hundred. Underneath them wear a pair of merino wool fingerless gloves, job's a good 'un.

I've used this combo for quite a few years now and it works a treat and still allows very good feel for handling running lines etc.

I suffer from circulatory problems in my hands and this set up has totally transformed my early season fishing.

Don't even think of going down the route of neoprene gloves. They are too thick, yet make your hands sweat too much and then your hands freeze.
This is possible the best advice I have had from the forum. Great solution would not use anything else now thanks.

ibm59

Reaction score
This is possible the best advice I have had from the forum. Great solution would not use anything else now thanks.
Try buying a box of nitrile gloves these days.

C661004A-F47A-4715-8B5D-C1DD190E88CA.png