Glen Lough / Lough Beagh in Donegal (Lackagh system)

OpentheLennon

Reaction score
Broken rod completely my own fault, slipped in boat while returning a fish, crack, middle section gone.... nobody died.

No fish caught was a bit dissapointing given the day we put in but an enjoyable day nonetheless and I'll be back.

fiery brown

Reaction score
it's a good day out, beautiful setting tranquil conditions, a perfect opportunity to clear the head.

a few fish would be nice.

The second boat had one decent white trout, I jagged something that felt heavy, and returned a couple of wee brownies. My boat companion saw a fish while I was attending to the outboard.

And that, dear reader, was that.

But we had a good day, tae from the Kelly kettle with water from the lake. As good as the finest Chablis :)

Salmom Laker

Reaction score
had a good day on lough Beagh today 6 white up to around 2.5lb maybe and two decent browns one well over the pound - saw a monster of a salmon moving well into double figures maybe even twenty - there's biguns still running that system yet

Salmom Laker

Reaction score
Fished it last Thursday and Friday got one solid take late on Thursday night came unstuck - otherwise nothing guage at just under nine - no sign of any fish moving

Silver hunter

Reaction score
on Glen last weekend,lovely condition but no sign of fish to fly,thats salmon fishing though and will be back as a beautiful fishery and friendly people,will try the seatrout later in season.

River dazzler

Reaction score
On the lackagh at weekend. Decent water a few anglers and fish about. Nothing hooked but great day out on the system. Plenty of work been done around the banks lately to assist the angler. Apparently there wil be a fish counter getting installed soon..

berndi

Reaction score
Hi,

a few days ago I fished on that wonderful lake. The landscape is breathtaking. We caught a few brownies and seatrouts.

Bernd ( from Germany )

Doc

Reaction score
Between reading this thread and one of Sidney Spencer's books I got the urge to book 26th August.

getthenet

Reaction score
You won't be disappointed... Any time from opening day until the end of season can can produce good quality sport... though, Donegal weather forecast for August could be as accurate now as on the day before you book.:)

The only down side for me is that in they lock the gates at 18:00 sharp. Would love to get a bash right into dusk!

Last edited: