Gigafish Ultra now in the UK

silverleapers

Reaction score
Yes we do eh!

It doesn't break with overhand or figure of 8 knots. Is thin, strong, clear but a bit shiny. Its also very limp so doesn't roll over very well when used on none tapered leaders. It also has a tendency to curl more easily and deform. It connects well with maxima and many other nylons. Its not a stretchy as stren but has a little stretch.

Having said all this, it is what I have been putting on my guests lines when asked to tye on a leader..used a 200m spool and a 100m spool so far with fantastic results.

Seems the owner is working on expanding his markets!

Seems a bit pricey though...thought it was cheaper off the gigafish website? Wonder why the increase?

Any others on here ever use it? A shop owner in Morrum gave me some to try. Great gift in my books! My friends are also using it now with great results (they land 100-200 fish a summer so its getting a good work out).

Cheers;
Silverleapers

Last edited:

zolotaya

Reaction score
The German site has a minimum order value of 10 euros and hefty despatch costs to the UK, also their VAT rate is lower than UK. All in all the UK is cheaper.

silverleapers

Reaction score
The German site has a minimum order value of 10 euros and hefty despatch costs to the UK, also their VAT rate is lower than UK. All in all the UK is cheaper.

Kinda figured...just wanted to make it clear to readers ;)

My advice is to try this stuff guys...bet you'll love it when you get a wind knot with a fish on the end.

btw that 20+ pounder in the recent video I posted had 15 pound test gigafish hanging from its jaw with a wind knot in it! I didn't even bother to change the leader despite that there are 20-40+ pound fish that use the lay that fish was hooked from. Note that the leader did not break even with the ripping that the angler and fish gave each other. I'd have never done THAT with 10 pound test Maxima (actually 10 pound Maxima is 13 pound test)!

Cheers;
Silverleapers