Ghillie Piglet tube

DrPatrickT

Reaction score
Cheers guys, Glad you like ‘em.

The cones are from Wapsi, however they need none standard inner tubing ( ie not 1.8 mm - so you’ll need some of the old 0.7 or 0.8 mm or whatever it is in inches) - So it’s not the easiest to work with -hence I don’t use them that often. If you’ve got an HMH adaptor best thing to use is a long needle or pin (to go into the much thinner inner) and stop your regular outer spinning by putting the arse end into a thick tube Extension holder - with a slight split. Works a treat. Unlike Davie mcPhail i have never successfully rest the tube in the slight lip On the HMH - so this is a good work around.

cheers, Patrick

90A9F1AF-572A-4324-ACEE-847786E7E8D0.jpeg8451E372-2AFD-4E13-BC62-73AD4F520BC7.jpeg

DrPatrickT

Reaction score
I guess as a follow on question- I think these cones are difficult to get hold of. So anyone know of alternatives - the only alternative I know of is futurefly hybrid cones from foxy tails - but I’m not keen on the shape?

anyone know of another source of red metallic cones? Cheers, Patrick

devonshire

Reaction score
The closest thing I’ve seen are the tungsten ones by Frodin that come in a metallic red. I don’t have the red, but do have some in other colours. Don’t fit a 1.8mm liner but do fit 1.5mm. Top quality, but not cheap!