Ghillie hitches

Jockiescott

Reaction score
Oh! My! Word!!! ๐Ÿ˜ฎ๐Ÿ˜

Those are awesome!!!

Your tying of any tube is impeccable. No wee annoying hair fibres in front of the head. Heads to perfection and beautiful patterns.

That is up there with the nicest hitching flies I've seen.

I'll have to attempt a couple of those and give hitching a proper go.

Stunning sir! ๐Ÿ‘Œ

mc andy

Reaction score
Oh! My! Word!!! ๐Ÿ˜ฎ๐Ÿ˜

Those are awesome!!!

Your tying of any tube is impeccable. No wee annoying hair fibres in front of the head. Heads to perfection and beautiful patterns.

Stunning sir! ๐Ÿ‘Œ
Got to agree with jockie on this one, everything you do is immaculately tied! The pictures have no hiding places either as the photography is sharp to. Stunning. North Esk fish are in for a treat! ๐Ÿ‘ ๐Ÿ‘ ๐Ÿ‘ ๐Ÿ‘ (y)

Lamson v10

Reaction score
Oh! My! Word!!! ๐Ÿ˜ฎ๐Ÿ˜

Those are awesome!!!

Stunning sir! ๐Ÿ‘Œ
Thank's very much jockiescott as always your kind words are very much appreciated as are everyone's ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป
The good old Stanley blade is a tube tyers best friend ๐Ÿ˜œ. I've only tryed hitching the once a cpl a week's ago up the northie and quite enjoyed it and will hopefully get the chance to use it again in a cpl of week's when I'm back up for a few day's, it's another technique to add to the armoury for catching salmo ๐ŸŽฃ

Lamson v10

Reaction score
Got to agree with jockie on this one, everything you do is immaculately tied! The pictures have no hiding places either as the photography is sharp to. Stunning. North Esk fish are in for a treat! ๐Ÿ‘ ๐Ÿ‘ ๐Ÿ‘ ๐Ÿ‘ (y)
Again Thank's very much Andy it's very much appreciated ๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป. Photos taken on a Sony phone
I hope so andy I'm really looking forward to it ๐ŸŽฃ๐ŸŽฃ

lefthandup

Reaction score
Superb...must be great being the perfect fly dresser๐Ÿ˜œ

Does anyone gink their hitch flies ?

Elibank

Reaction score
Oh! My! Word!!! ๐Ÿ˜ฎ๐Ÿ˜

Those are awesome!!!

Stunning sir! ๐Ÿ‘Œ
A friend found a scruffy tube fly with said protruding hair fibres in front of our hut - he then put it on top of my bag, saying, โ€œwell I knew whoโ€™d tied itโ€......

Jockiescott

Reaction score
A friend found a scruffy tube fly with said protruding hair fibres in front of our hut - he then put it on top of my bag, saying, โ€œwell I knew whoโ€™d tied itโ€......
Reminds me a story on my river. There was an angler who'd run down everyone's flies that this was wrong and that was wrong etc. He reckoned he was the dogs dangles!

He was fishing one day and another angler found an old scruffy fly and started telling the other anglers that he'd seen 'yer man' dropping it.

He was less than impressed I can tell you. Things got heated that day!!! ๐Ÿ˜‚

charlieH

Reaction score
Very neat tying. I'm guessing you fish these with a half-hitch round the head, (can't see a hole in the body of the tube)? If so, does the hitch stay in place and not slip off the front?

Lamson v10

Reaction score
Very neat tying. I'm guessing you fish these with a half-hitch round the head, (can't see a hole in the body of the tube)? If so, does the hitch stay in place and not slip off the front?
Thank's Charlie ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป. Not got round to it yet, I'll put the hole's in them once I've finished tying them ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป