Generation of idiots

Bonito

Reaction score
Is it just me or have we really bred a generation of totally clueless clowns and idiots in the past 25 years. They need led by the hand for almost everything unless they can google it, thick as mince for many practical things (nose always in mobiles), need ******` stupid sat navs to find their way from A to B, SATNAVS ARE FOR BOATS AND PLANES, road have sign posts, they need a wee hug and lots of wee likes if somebody on FB offends them, pratts and of course the cause of this afternoons mini rant, the grey suited idiots in grey offices leading grey lives who make up all the ridiculous stuff to protect the little petals. Bad enough a year or to back, bought a heat gun with a big "caution" on the side of the box, "this is not a hairdryer" ****` me I know that but obviously some ******` idiot did`nt.

So this afternoon decided on a snack and remembered there were BBQ spare ribs in the fridge, that`ll do so looking up the cooking time and what do I spot on the package in big letters, (remember this is a pack of spare ribs ) it aint porridge, custard, jam or even a loaf of bread it`s a pack of ******` RIBS : "caution, this product contains bones", well strike me down, you don`t say, I give up on this modern garbage, end of rant.

Continuation of rant as the dumb forum has interpreted some words as bad ones by putting in lickle xxxxxxx`s in case I offend, ridiculous in each case of lickle xxx`s read fe kin or fe k

Last edited:

porteouz

Reaction score
If we have its you old boys faults

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Loxie

Reaction score
As someone approaching middle age I can state categorically there have always been ****wits, but only recently have we had conditional fee lawyers.

Tyke

Reaction score
Is it just me or have we really bred a generation of totally clueless clowns and idiots in the past 25 years. They need led by the hand for almost everything unless they can google it, thick as mince for many practical things (nose always in mobiles), need ******` stupid sat navs to find their way from A to B, SATNAVS ARE FOR BOATS AND PLANES, road have sign posts, they need a wee hug and lots of wee likes if somebody on FB offends them, pratts and of course the cause of this afternoons mini rant, the grey suited idiots in grey offices leading grey lives who make up all the ridiculous stuff to protect the little petals. Bad enough a year or to back, bought a heat gun with a big "caution" on the side of the box, "this is not a hairdryer" ****` me I know that but obviously some ******` idiot did`nt.

So this afternoon decided on a snack and remembered there were BBQ spare ribs in the fridge, that`ll do so looking up the cooking time and what do I spot on the package in big letters, (remember this is a pack of spare ribs ) it aint porridge, custard, jam or even a loaf of bread it`s a pack of ******` RIBS : "caution, this product contains bones", well strike me down, you don`t say, I give up on this modern garbage, end of rant.

Continuation of rant as the dumb forum has interpreted some words as bad ones by putting in lickle xxxxxxx`s in case I offend, ridiculous in each case of lickle xxx`s read fe kin or fe k

Did that help?

Personally I love a good rant, very cathartic; does me the world of good [& possibly prevents me from becoming a clock tower sniper or doing a "Michael Douglas" in "Falling Down"]!

But you are correct; I had a shirt with the label "Caution - do not iron whilst on the body" - honestly!!

Darwin was correct, some genes just should be allowed to die out.......

Regards, Tyke.

Last edited:

Bonito

Reaction score
Did that help?

But you are correct; I had a shirt with the label "Caution - do not iron whilst on the body" - honestly!!

Darwin was correct, some genes just should be allowed to die out.......

Regards, Tyke.

Helped no end but your`s is a cracker about the shirt and iron, what a world we live in full of snowdrops and poor petals

Last edited:

kramdrazzi

Generally, I’m sloshed.
Reaction score
Well done Bonito and well said (written)

Reading your rant has had the very agreeable side-effect of making me feel better too. For that I thank you.

I own a tweed suit and a dinner suit - nothing in grey thank God!!!.

love 2 fish

Reaction score

You have clearly met my 18 yr old then ;););)

Chester

Reaction score
When was the last time you saw tooth picks in a UK restaurant? I was in a local place recently when they told me it was no longer allowed after someone skewered themselves then sued the restaurant. ***!!

Long Shot

Reaction score
A bag of nuts "may contain traces of nuts" apparently :cool:

Talking of nuts......

Apparently there is / was a restaurant somewhere in Arkansas where one of the house specialities was some kind of baked squirrel dish.
At the end of the 'descriptor' it said "May contain nuts".
True.

Big Ben

Reaction score

Welcome to reality.

P!scator

Reaction score

Regards, Tyke.

That'll be Puma, they put "average contents, 2" on their trainer boxes & "wash when dirty" on clothing labels. :)

Bonito

Reaction score
Welcome to reality.

Not really, I`ve been in "reality" for almost 67 years, all practical hands on stuff coupled with a bit of common sense, what you really should have put is welcome to a world of sheep, drones and idiots who can do very little for themselves, I refer to some 50 or 60% of the modern generation, (no statistics to back that up but a fair guess). Drones does not mean the flying ones, I mean the sheep they call this modern generation who can do very little for themselves without electronics and a hand from mummy, daddy and their luvvy duvvy friends.

( luvvy / duvvy not intended to be proper English but what the heck, even being from Glasgow, at least I can spell and punctuate a little bit, not perfect and from the above I obviously exclude our excellent armed forces who are 100%)

Last edited:

Heero

Reaction score
If the youngins are really idjuts it's because you elderlies failed as parents.

Safranfoer

Reaction score
If the youngins are really idjuts it's because you elderlies failed as parents.

Yup. My boy rocks. He's more tech literate than me and fishes. He watches utter dross on YouTube - bottle flips, *** - and listens avidly to Radio 4. He loves the map on my car sat nav and refers to it spatially when not in the car.

We get cross for talking down the economy. Let's not talk down our children. They're utterly amazing.

Becksbier

Reaction score
Haha. This wee rant brightened up my evening no end. The only thing is that you are lucky you are limited to up to 25 year olds. I know quite a few who are a bit older & also university educated, but "Common sense"? Nope, then again, the problem with common sense (especially nowadays) is that it's not that common. Rant over. LOL

Bushwhacker

Reaction score
In 1944, 18 year olds storm the beaches of Normandy...
In 2016,18 year olds cry and need counseling becuase there candidate didn,t win an election.:confused:

Last edited:

Luckynotgood

Reaction score
Yup. My boy rocks. He's more tech literate than me and fishes. He watches utter dross on YouTube - bottle flips, *** - and listens avidly to Radio 4. He loves the map on my car sat nav and refers to it spatially when not in the car.

We get cross for talking down the economy. Let's not talk down our children. They're utterly amazing.

hahaha, perfect.:rolleyes:

Safranfoer

Reaction score
hahaha, perfect.:rolleyes:

You can be as cynical as you like. I freely admit I believe the sun rises and sets in my son's eyes.

And this is how it should be. Every generation is different from the next. Times change. But to be broad brush dismissive? No.

Our kids are brilliant.

Soundmixer

Reaction score
I agree with everything that has been mentioned so far in this thread and I totally agree that stupid is in the water these days.
The Heinz Beans advert with people playing the empty tins as drums has been banned as three viewers complained that the TV advert could encourage unsafe practice and six believed it featured behaviour that could be dangerous for children to copy.
My God, I carried a knife to school every day and if you didn't have one the teacher wanted to know how you were going to sharpen your pencils and now a bean tin is a dangerous thing. Empty cans used to get punctured with a knife and with the addition of string put to your ear ***!
I love new tech, I work with complicated new tech, I install new tech but I do despair these days that young people cannot leave the house without their phone. I saw a lass the other day with a 5 litre handbag but the phone was held in her hand just in case she couldn't get to it fast enough.
AAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!:mad:
:D

Euan