General Election

salmo76

Reaction score
See you Jimmy! Whit de ye ken?
I'll tell ye. Ye ken nothing aboot oor glorious leader.
Wee Nicola would lead us all to nirvana even if all we had to survive on was tatties and haggis. (yum yum)
We were still using steam power when the first quest for independence was begun. Oil, granted, became a catalyst for what was seen by many as the final push for freedom.:)
However, after the referendum "white paper" which used it as the basis to underpin the vibrant economy was debunked when Salmond's forecast of revenues of £59Bn in 2017/18 was actually returned as £6Bn, then Scotlands Oil was re-invented as just a wee bonus to add to the pot. No mention of course, of the ongoing fiscal deficit already alluded to previously as highlighted every year in the GERS report.
No question, we dodged a bullet then.:)
How long as a country can we avoid dodging bullets , seem to have been coming at us far too frequently in recent times . Hope Johnson is true to his word and just lets Nic and the cult huff and puff to no avail and he stands firmly with the majority of Scots who would like to see the back of her.

ozzyian

Reaction score
The problem is that as she herself very nearly said 'denying us will make us noisier'

I would not really recommend it but the mischief in me almost wishes Boris would call her out 'ok March 15th, hows that sound? To be fair to everyone else though, this time though it's 2 generations, plus this time we'll need it in writing'

I would just like them to get on with doing some government, there's plenty they can be sorting out given their devolved powers and financial position. Fat chance, not with the great distraction.

ArchieL

Reaction score
See you Jimmy! Whit de ye ken?
I'll tell ye. Ye ken nothing aboot oor glorious leader.
Wee Nicola would lead us all to nirvana even if all we had to survive on was tatties and haggis. (yum yum)
We were still using steam power when the first quest for independence was begun. Oil, granted, became a catalyst for what was seen by many as the final push for freedom.:)
However, after the referendum "white paper" which used it as the basis to underpin the vibrant economy was debunked when Salmond's forecast of revenues of £59Bn in 2017/18 was actually returned as £6Bn, then Scotlands Oil was re-invented as just a wee bonus to add to the pot. No mention of course, of the ongoing fiscal deficit already alluded to previously as highlighted every year in the GERS report.
No question, we dodged a bullet then.:)
Oh Aye blame the Rangers again, leave my team oot it :lol:

seeking

Reaction score
Yorkshire (were there a god it'd be god's own coun
When you reply to a post it should show "post quick reply" or "go advanced to the RHS" like this:

View attachment 41325

If it doesn't show, not sure :eek:
That was done by just replying, this one is done by "going advanced"

Untitled.png

You can find the original image you posted at the bottom of the posting bumf under "manage attachments" - click on that and you will see the image you want, and drag to the area below... It's a faff!

SOS

Reaction score
The scary thing about indy ref 2 is young voters -30 when asked say they just want independence away from the big bad wolf that is England,most of them never read about politics and would defo be watching love island rather than Q.T,but the fever about independence spreads like wild fire on the likes of facebook and twitter among their social circles.These are the people that the SNP target and know if they can get them to vote then maybe they can get independence by default.

North sea oil and gas is often cited as a means for Scotland to be financially secure after independence,and although there will always be a need for oil and gas there is a world wide movement to get away from fossil fuels,so if oil revenues were irrelevant in 2014 they will become even less so in the not to distant future (are gas boilers to be fazed out in the next few years?) we could end up in a situation like Venezuela who has oil but you need a barrow full of cash to go and buy a loaf of bread only to find the shelves are bare.

Education,Education,Education,is what is needed for would be indy ref supporters,
But wait the Snp are not good on Education.

salarchaser

Reaction score
Genuine question....

If England's share of the geographic split of oil revenues was 90%, would Wee Jimmie Krankie still be pushing for independence?

Independence is just the inevitable result of striking black gold.
Which is fine BTW, that's not a criticism. The union seemed to be fine until the oil turned up.
I assume that if Scotland take the oil, they'll also take the de-commissioning bill.
The last i read was there are less oil revenues left in the existing fields than the cost of shutting the fields down. The implication being that if Nicola saved every penny she got from under the seabed, by the time the clean up was done there would be a deficit.
Doesnt seem sound economics to me.