Garry Waddington

Jockiescott

Reaction score
IMG_20210920_152606_edit_492950577718010.jpg

Jockiescott

Reaction score
Thanks everyone. I'd really like to give this one a swim, just to see what it looks like in the water as much as anything. Hopefully get a decent spell of rain soon!

Thanks again! πŸ‘

Lamson v10

Reaction score
Ohh yes I'm really liking that jockiescott 🎣 I can see a row of them going in the box ( next year πŸ˜‚)πŸ‘ cracking Waddie sir πŸ‘Œ

Jockiescott

Reaction score
Ace tying Jockie ,
Blue guinea foul hackle ?
Prob my fav feathers G F. tied in most of my dressings,
My box of them

View attachment 65842

Thanks Scierra! πŸ‘

Yes, blue Guinea foul. It was the waste end of a feather that I found in my desk. I'm not sure what fly I tied the rest of it on.

This is from a bag of veniards guinea foul that is years old that a friend gave me. On the packet, it is marked as blue Jay substitute. It is a much more electric blue than my own blue dyed stuff. It's a beautiful shade. I use it sparingly! 😊

I have a few colours of guinea and I'm not really sure why I don't use it more.

westie4566

Reaction score
Cracking fly that!!! I still have some GF that colour left that Colin (Billyfish) dyed and kindly sent me a few years back. Like you I use it sparingly.

Karl-K

Reaction score
Beautiful fly, I never ever think of tying on waddingtons anymore, and yet I will happily tie on shanks for pacifics , after seeing that beauty my brain needs a resetπŸ‘ I like the wee inline hook as well

Jockiescott

Reaction score
Beautiful fly, I never ever think of tying on waddingtons anymore, and yet I will happily tie on shanks for pacifics , after seeing that beauty my brain needs a resetπŸ‘ I like the wee inline hook as well

Thanks Karl-K! πŸ‘

I like the look of these inline hooks myself but haven't had a chance to fish with them yet.

With rain forecast from tomorrow, I might get a chance to try out some Waddingtons and these single hooks over the weekend. πŸ™‚