Garry Dowg........

SnapT14

Reaction score
One of, if not my fave hairwing pattern of all time. No bling, no frills just a fishy little number from wee double to 2" tube.......🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳

ED #10 treble - Black
20210503_173954.jpg

Jockiescott

Reaction score
One of, if not my fave hairwing pattern of all time. No bling, no frills just a fishy little number from wee double to 2" tube.......🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳

ED #10 treble - Black
View attachment 60740

Oh I like that Nathan!!! 😮

I've never had a fish on a Garry but I have a real soft spot for it. I found one on a tree many years ago that was the nicest looking fly I'd seen at that time. It was the first proper fly pattern I ever tried to tie, rather than just tying random materials on a hook! ☺️

Proper fly, tied to perfection.

SnapT14

Reaction score
Oh I like that Nathan!!! 😮

I've never had a fish on a Garry but I have a real soft spot for it. I found one on a tree many years ago that was the nicest looking fly I'd seen at that time. It was the first proper fly pattern I ever tried to tie, rather than just tying random materials on a hook! ☺️

Proper fly, tied to perfection.
Thanks Jockie, appreciate that and nice to know that it ain't just me who loves a Garry. I think they look better on small doubles actually, like 10 to 14s. Maybe you should tie us all one up on a waddie shank???....🤔🤭😜.....

I've never seen one on a waddington

Jockiescott

Reaction score
Thanks Jockie, appreciate that and nice to know that it ain't just me who loves a Garry. I think they look better on small doubles actually, like 10 to 14s. Maybe you should tie us all one up on a waddie shank???....🤔🤭😜.....

I've never seen one on a waddington

I tied a few with fox wings when I first started tying on waddies. I saw them online and liked the look of them but I don't think I ever fished them.

I thought I'd put them on the forum but can't find them! ☺️

Here is the website I saw them on...

iainmortimer

Reaction score

ED #10 treble - Black
View attachment 60740
That’s a beauty and one of those traditional flies that I keep in my box. That one is showcase quality though. Very, very nice indeed. I bet that would work in salty stuff too 😉😁

Rennie

Reaction score
I just love that flee in tube flee form, loved "Taking the Dog for a Walk" on Tweed at the back end (well I used to right enough!).Thats a lovely example SnapT 14, wonderfull flee for frosty mornings before the leaves start to drop!.Purely personal of course, but I do like the pattern with a Gold body almost as much. Envious!.
Pedro.

SnapT14

Reaction score
I just love that flee in tube flee form, loved "Taking the Dog for a Walk" on Tweed at the back end (well I used to right enough!).Thats a lovely example SnapT 14, wonderfull flee for frosty mornings before the leaves start to drop!.Purely personal of course, but I do like the pattern with a Gold body almost as much. Envious!.
Pedro.
Thanks Rennie 👌