Gaelforce Equalizer Spey Lines

The Executioner

Reaction score
Hi

I am looking to renew my 10/11 Speyline and I have been considering the Gaelforce Equalizer. It seems to come in 4 lengths - 53/63/73/83 ft heads. I fish the Spey and the Tay mostly. I use a 15ft G Loomis GLX most of the time and a Guideline LXi T-Pac when abroad. Was thinking 63ft would be the most versatile. Does anyone have any experience with these lines?

Cheers

E

rs2ford

Reaction score
Fantastic lines that turn over 10ft tips with ease. I have the 54ft and 63ft and highly recommend them. A phone call to James will be worthwhile as he will tell you the best match for your rod.
Cheers Diarmid.

Neil W

Reaction score
I must admit I am looking at these lines for my 14ft rods especially the 54ft

bluejay

Reaction score
They are good lines for sure. I have one and cast several. Not going to say they are the best lines available. What is best depends on you, your style, and your rod. It is the best for some but not for others. Lots of great choices these days to choose from. You won't go wrong with a Gaelforce if you can get the weight that works for you and your rod.

keirstream

Reaction score
Hi

I am looking to renew my 10/11 Speyline and I have been considering the Gaelforce Equalizer. It seems to come in 4 lengths - 53/63/73/83 ft heads. I fish the Spey and the Tay mostly. I use a 15ft G Loomis GLX most of the time and a Guideline LXi T-Pac when abroad. Was thinking 63ft would be the most versatile. Does anyone have any experience with these lines?

Cheers

E
That would be my choice also for the Tay. Longer than 63ft is a work out for me nowadays. I use the 54ft for my fishing on the Teith and Earn. It's important you enjoy your day and not feel like a tournament caster after it.:)
I suspect the 10/11 would match those rods fine but best to give James a call.
For example, the Zenith 15ft 1in 10/11 worked better by a country mile teamed with the 63ft 11/12 spey line.
He will welcome your call being currently rooted in doing garden chores that he has been neglecting for 20 years.:D:D

keirstream

Reaction score
Bit like yourself then:)
Got a reprieve this afternoon when the rain came on Jock. :)
Perfect excuse for an early bath and a snooze.
Looks like heavy rain tomorrow so the prospect of a long lie has me currently eyeing up the remains of the Old Pulteney 12 .:D

Grassy_Knollington

Reaction score
The 63ft
Hi

Cheers

E
I've got the 63ft 11/12 for a 15ft B&W Powerlite Deluxe and a Zenith 15ft. There's a long, well marked loading section and the line handles very much like a long shooting head (which it is). It is a great line, don't be put off by the head length, if your fishing is at longer ranges and you have room for the back cast, this line is fantastic.

I have the 54ft 9/10, for a 13,6" B&W Walker& Meiser MKS and that's a great line too.

Drop Mr Chalmers an email and he'll give you a recommendation that best matches your rod.

ibm59

Reaction score
I have the 53’ lines in 7/8&8/9.
Both go well off my 13’6’ #8 Sage One.

graham2b

Reaction score
I have the 14'9"Lxi in a 9/10 and the Loomis Stinger , a 63 ft 9/10 flys on the Lxi but as mentioned above you need room .
Cheers G

Kin36

Reaction score
As with many posting have the 54 9/10 and 63 10/11. Need to be decent spey caster for the longer heads. Great lines .

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk