Gaelforce 54ft Spey on B&W 13’6” #8

Grassy_Knollington

Reaction score
Today I got a couple of rods & lines down to the river for a bit of a practice.

The star of the show was the Gaelforce 54ft Equalizer 9/10 (595 grains weighed) paired with the B&W Walker.

The rod could handle a slightly heavier line, but I’d be happy using this one all day long. A Spiral Spey, Snake Roll or Single Spey loaded the rod perfectly, the line is very stable, turns over brilliantly and is an absolute pleasure to cast.

Even I managed >40ft of running line out of the rod rings on a consistent basis. The outfit felt like the perfect combination.

Grassy_Knollington

Reaction score
Sounds like you have found a nice match GK👍
Would love to try out some of the Walker range.

Apologies for the delay CB. The combination really does work very well and it suits my casting perfectly. It is very satisfying when everything matches up. The combination was suggested by James Chalmers and, as usual, he was bang on.

I’ve also noticed, that is a 13’6” #8 Walker on the ‘Bay at the moment. ......... 🤣

Clydebuilt

Reaction score
Apologies for the delay CB. The combination really does work very well and it suits my casting perfectly. It is very satisfying when everything matches up. The combination was suggested by James Chalmers and, as usual, he was bang on.

I’ve also noticed, that is a 13’6” #8 Walker on the ‘Bay at the moment. ......... 🤣

Superb , great feeling when it all comes together.

I noticed the 14"6 & 15"6' on there too....Mrs CB might be having words about this😂

Grassy_Knollington

Reaction score
Superb , great feeling when it all comes together.

I noticed the 14"6 & 15"6' on there too....Mrs CB might be having words about this😂

The 14’6” is meant to be a real beast. B&W have really expanded their range recently. I think the US market is driving them to branch out a touch.

There’s a 14ft 8/9 and 7/8 Walker that are very tempting. I’m always thinking about the 4 piece 13’6” Walker too. Getting a bit pricey though..... decisions decisions.

Clydebuilt

Reaction score
The 14’6” is meant to be a real beast. B&W have really expanded their range recently. I think the US market is driving them to branch out a touch.

There’s a 14ft 8/9 and 7/8 Walker that are very tempting. I’m always thinking about the 4 piece 13’6” Walker too. Getting a bit pricey though..... decisions decisions.

Stop it....😂

Here was I, quite content with my armoury until I just recently started looking at the Walker range again.

Something is drawing me on, yes, pricey and decisions, I hear you👍