FX1 13ft 8wt

noeyedeer

Reaction score
This is not a new phenomenon for this particular range of rods. Don’t ask me where as I can’t remember, but a few months back I did see them massively discounted and thought to myself that it seemed strange, given that they were current and recent models :confused:

Could as above be a dealer wanting to move on an ex demo single unit rather than discounted new stock. Been watching the new prices all of 2017 and not seen anything from the ‘usual’ main outlets

rs2ford

Reaction score
Could as above be a dealer wanting to move on an ex demo single unit rather than discounted new stock. Been watching the new prices all of 2017 and not seen anything from the ‘usual’ main outlets

This is exactly what's happened. Rod arrived in used condition albeit the plastic was still on the handle. Sent it straight back as I ordered new so was expecting new. Full refund was offered as they had no new stock to replace it with. Thought it was too good to be true.
Cheers Diarmid.

Rubberheed

Reaction score
A might give them a bell in the morning and snap it up?

Was it marked at all?

Cheers.

Morse

Reaction score
Hi all those interested in being a FX1 owner.

I have often thought how good one of these beauties would look in the quiver.

But, I could never understand, why all went quiet.

Why after the early publicity, the USPs, could I not find on the forums ,
enthusiasm of ownership or sad comments of disappointment.

Investigation has led me to hear of rumours of change of manufacturers of the blank, coatings etc. which has led to shortfalls in supplies to dealers.

It will be interesting if the expected single handers will arrive on time!

Potential customer

Morse

Last edited:

rs2ford

Reaction score
A might give them a bell in the morning and snap it up?

Was it marked at all?

Cheers.

Bottom handle was pretty grubby with a bit of filler out and the blank had a couple of small marks.
I have had ex demo rods before that looked like they had never been used. This looked used.
Cheers Diarmid.

noeyedeer

Reaction score
Hi all those interested in being a FX1 owner.

I have often thought how good one of these beauties would look in the quiver.

But, I could never understand, why all went quiet.

Why after the early publicity, the USPs, could I not find on the forums ,
enthusiasm of ownership or sad comments of disappointment.

Investigation has led me to hear of rumours of change of manufacturers of the blank, coatings etc. which has led to shortfalls in supplies to dealers.

It will be interesting if the expected single handers will arrive on time!

Potential customer

Morse

As an FX1 owner I can vouch that service (direct from Mackenzie ) is 1st class. If you have an issue you get a call from Scott directly.
I can also confirm he has blank manufacturing capability in the UK.

paddymc

Reaction score
As an FX1 owner I can vouch that service (direct from Mackenzie ) is 1st class. If you have an issue you get a call from Scott directly.
I can also confirm he has blank manufacturing capability in the UK.

Century I assume ?

Sewinboy

Reaction score
So what is the FX1 13ft 8 weight like? Is it an all rounder or a shooting head? how user friendly is it?

Cheers

Irish Monkey

Reaction score
I have the 14' FX1 and my friend has the 15' both fantastic rods very powerful and light but pricey compared to the equally good but a tad heavier DTX 2 or Hardy Zenith.

Nordskog

Reaction score
I have been fishing the 13ft #8 fx1 for two seasons now and couldn't be happier. Im using everything from 31gr-38gr shooting heads on it, depending on the water level and river Im fishing. My go to line is the Guideline Compact rtg 8/9 at 31 gram. I previously owned Sage One and Txc, Hardy Zenith and they just can't compare. On top of it being a joy when casting, you really get a good feel and bend in the rod when playing fish!