Full week available, River Eachaig, Argyll

TowySewin

Reaction score
I have a rod available on River Eachaig (5 miles long, 40 pools) and on Loch Eck (7 miles long, boat available), Cowal, Argyll, week commencing 3rd August.

I appreciate it is at short notice, but if you wish, you could share the rod with a partner or friend. Only one person can fish at any one time. There is a 3 beat rotation system.

River Eachaig is a spate river that has not suffered like others on the west coast. This is a syndicate rod, I am unable to attend due to other commitments. Given water, expect grilse and summer salmon plus seatrout. Last season my largest salmon was 15lb. Fly only. This week is one of the best top 4-5 weeks on the river. Catch records, pool notes etc available.

There is a ‘river superintendent’ who maintains the river and also does some guiding privately outside his syndicate duties.

Enquiries from experienced fly ‘fishers’ only please via private message.

If you cannot attend for whole week, that's fine as no doubt someone else will enjoy the other days. Pleny of varied accommodation available locally, from wild camping for your camper or motorhome to self catering (flats, caravans, timber lodges), B&Bs, Guest Houses, Hotels etc. Nearest town Dunoon.

Clydebuilt

Reaction score
Bugger, if only I wasn't due back at work I'd have taken you up on your offer

TowySewin

Reaction score
Still available. A few enquiries, no confirmed takers as yet despite my replies. I am not looking for payment, but if you want to gift me a thank you, that'll be most appreciated.
I am not a money grabber, I just want someone to enjoy some angling on a truly wonderful system.
You will no doubt see red squirrels, yes red squirrels (I'll tell you where at river bank) and deer nearby river and close by in fields at right times.
If someone wants to give me a hometied fly, yes, just one, as a thank you, and catches a few fish on his/her visit, I'll be more than thrilled.
Its worth taking a sicky for haha.

Clydebuilt

Reaction score
I'm amazed this hasn't been snapped up, a very generous offer on a lovely river

TowySewin

Reaction score
I am so very pleased that Tuesday to Friday inclusive has gone. I hope the member on here will have a fantastic experience and thoroughly enjoy his few days in this beautiful part of Cowal and catches a good few fish.
Monday and Saturday still available. No charge. Free angling; but if you want to give me a fly (home tied, or a bottle), cheers.

Jer

Reaction score
Wonderful gesture TowySewin. Good deeds lead to good luck and I hope you are rewarded with many great days on the riverbank to come.

zebraness

Reaction score
Nice one - never fished it but hopefully some fishy pics by the fishers will also support future interest
Tight lines.
Z