Full week available, River Eachaig, Argyll, W/C 24th August.

TowySewin

Reaction score
I am making available 2 further weeks on the Eachaig and Loch Eck. I will post them separately; check date in title.
I have a rod available on River Eachaig (5 miles long, 40 pools) and on Loch Eck (7 miles long, boat available), Cowal, Argyll, week commencing 24th August.

I appreciate it is at short notice, but if you wish, you could share the rod with a partner or friend. Only one person can fish at any one time. There is a 3 beat rotation system.

River Eachaig is a spate river that has not suffered like others on the west coast. This is a syndicate rod, I am unable to attend due to other commitments. Given water, expect grilse and summer salmon plus seatrout. Last season my largest salmon was 15lb. Fly only. This week is one of the best top 4-5 weeks on the river. Catch records, pool notes etc available.

There is a ‘river superintendent’ who maintains the river and also does some guiding privately outside his syndicate duties.

Enquiries from experienced fly ‘fishers’ only please via private message.

If you cannot attend for whole week, that's fine as no doubt someone else will enjoy the other days. Pleny of varied accommodation available locally, from wild camping for your camper or motorhome to self catering (flats, caravans, timber lodges), B&Bs, Guest Houses, Hotels etc. Nearest town Dunoon.

The two gentlemen that took up on the offer last week thoroughly enjoyed themselves.

dermot-campbell

Reaction score
Hello TowySewin
I’m replying to your posts for your weeks available on the Eachaig. I am sure I have passed this river several times. Please let me know what is available from next week as I would love to perhaps go up for a couple of weeks to try out the river as I have heard it is good for sea trout.
Dermot

TowySewin

Reaction score
I am very happy to report that a member has taken up the offer for Monday to Thursday of this week.
I hope the two gentlemen enjoy their days on the river.
Tight lines gents.