Frodin tying demo

rotenone

Reaction score
Interesting watch... Would be interested to hear peoples thoughts on tying up various sized bodies for attaching to the main fly?!

Pattern of the Month #01 Pahtakorva TTT Nobody – Frodinflies
Quite simply dont waste your time they are not needed, I dont see the point either use a short body or use a fully dressed fly, I've tied several hundred TTT flies and they work perfectly with a normal free swinging hook and tiny piece of plastic also the hook is more in side the fly without the elaborate body, I think it's best to aim for the hook to be somewhere need the middle of the wing.
Dont forget Mikael has to sell his other materials like dubbing and braid hes a nice guy but for me it defeats the purpose of the TTT adding a dressed loose body?

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

HMarquis

Reaction score
It does seem completely unnecessary - I hadn't noticed this ever before in any of his videos or browsing images of his flies.

tynefisher

Reaction score
Thank you rotenone. I’ve tried Mikael Frodins flISS on the Spey & South Tyne, but have never touched a salmon or sea trout when using them

rotenone

Reaction score
Thank you rotenone. I’ve tried Mikael Frodins flISS on the Spey & South Tyne, but have never touched a salmon or sea trout when using them
They need to be tied much slimmer for uk or ireland fishing, if you remind after the season ill post you a few examples i use for our fishing

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

cullet

Reaction score
I've watched all of the patterns of the month, l found them most enjoyable and it could not have come at a better time with everyone being in lock down. I think the latest tubes BTTs are a little frustrating too tie a thread on because there's no lip at the front.