Fraud notification

rawson

Reaction score
Just a heads up on the Website Newgatebooks.co.uk which was advertising a fishing rod which was recommended to me on here.. It is an unsecure site and linked to a Hong Kong 'establishment' that sends out fake Rayban sunglasses instead of the items you ordered. It's a scam and feeling a little miffed I've been done. It wasn't for a lot of money and the Credit Card Co is looking into it and hopefully I will get a refund.
Be careful out there.
I'm still on the lookout for a 10' spinning rod suitable for the ABU 6000, I've got my eye on the ABU460 rod but would look into anything you might suggest. Ta

lefthandup

Reaction score
I've just had a notification re private message... Regarding hot girls are waiting for me here ?

Is there any hot girls on this forum?

Wee Porters

Reaction score
Just a heads up on the Website Newgatebooks.co.uk which was advertising a fishing rod which was recommended to me on here.. It is an unsecure site and linked to a Hong Kong 'establishment' that sends out fake Rayban sunglasses instead of the items you ordered. It's a scam and feeling a little miffed I've been done. It wasn't for a lot of money and the Credit Card Co is looking into it and hopefully I will get a refund.
Be careful out there.
I'm still on the lookout for a 10' spinning rod suitable for the ABU 6000, I've got my eye on the ABU460 rod but would look into anything you might suggest. Ta
A few on sale at John Norris, don't know if they're what you're looking for though?
Spinning Rods | John Norris

Horsbrugh

Reaction score
I would also beware of a website “Lookbrew” it pops up as an add on Facebook. It is currently offering a supposed Musto tweed shooting jacket for £36. I notice they have also removed all the comments that were there yesterday, pointing out, “if it looks to good to be true, then, it probably is”. The pictures are most likely just cloned off the real website but the company is based in China so unlikely to have a supply of genuine Musto gear.

Andrew B

Reaction score
Be careful out there.
Thanks for the heads up. I’m presuming it came up on a google search? Seems like there’s no length they’ll go to, to earn a few quid.