Francis nos1,2and 3

keithick

Reaction score
Tummel,Isla and Garry
2043981B-CE60-46C3-8111-145C07443058.jpeg

Andrew B

Reaction score
Thanks Andrew no quite sure o these beasties yet πŸ€”
Lol are you serious. It’s good to be to self critical but seriously these are so nice if it’s period correctness that’s floats gyour boat.
Don’t know if you’ve ever tied in hand but when I did a few the flies and the wings come out so right. Think it’s because of the angle that you hold and tie in the wings?
I used to own a load of Kelsons own fly tying boxes with beautiful japanned boxes with all the materials, hackle books ect.

keithick

Reaction score
Cheers Andrew i prefer tying the married wing type kinda got a handle on them , these francis types are organised chaos lol, ive never tried tying in hand tho, saw a few sbs on tying classics , looks awfy fiddly to me πŸ₯΄can see how it works well tho πŸ‘def looks like youve more control over tying in wings and such πŸ˜‰

keithick

Reaction score
Lol are you serious. It’s good to be to self critical but seriously these are so nice if it’s period correctness that’s floats gyour boat.
Don’t know if you’ve ever tied in hand but when I did a few the flies and the wings come out so right. Think it’s because of the angle that you hold and tie in the wings?
I used to own a load of Kelsons own fly tying boxes with beautiful japanned boxes with all the materials, hackle books ect.
That wouldve been something to see ,,,, Kelsons material boxes πŸ˜³πŸ‘ŒπŸ‘ŒπŸ‘Œ

Andrew B

Reaction score
That wouldve been something to see ,,,, Kelsons material boxes πŸ˜³πŸ‘ŒπŸ‘ŒπŸ‘Œ
Oh it was an incredible find at an auction full of Indian crow, Chatterer and just about every species of Bustard and a tooled leather Hackle book with G.M. Kelson on it.
I had a really successful business actually from just tying classic flies as a hobby with the barest of materials to getting on to buying old Victorian taxidermy lots in Auctions of Quetzals, chatterers, Western Tragopan and then the property of Violet Fane..... the Kelson stuff.
I have so much regret now as I just completely went off the rails after losing my sister. That said I still enjoy seeing such well tied classic flies like this.

keithick

Reaction score
Sorry to hear that Andrew , ,,,, mustve been somethin to behold , having found that kinda stuff at auction 😳u cudnt put a price on stuff like that now

Andrew B

Reaction score
Sorry to hear that Andrew , ,,,, mustve been somethin to behold , having found that kinda stuff at auction 😳u cudnt put a price on stuff like that now
Oh I know and thing is now, there are too many folk onto it now to pick up stuff cheap.
Ryan Houston and Marc Le Blanc on here will remember it.

Love those hooks by the way

keithick

Reaction score
I just get by with cheap subs for the exoticsπŸ˜‰steve at cookshills good for most the stuff i need as well ,, the hooks were handed into my local tackle shop , turns out theyre from 1900s 😳