Fly tying material share

kgm

Reaction score
Does anybody have a couple of matched pieces of natural lady amherst center tails feathers, one left and one right.

I'd like to tie a couple of size 3/0 black dogs and am having trouble sourcing good natural lady amherst center tail.

Happy to buy or swap if anybody has some, thank you.

Last edited:
T

TonyPrior

Does anybody have a couple of matched pieces of natural lady amherst center tails feathers, one left and one right.

I'd like to tie a couple of size 3/0 spey dogs and am having trouble sourcing good natural lady amherst center tail.

Happy to buy or swap if anybody has some, thank you.

PM sent Kenny :)

tomleslie16

Reaction score
Hi guys,

has anyone get a few feathers used to tie the tails of irish shrimps they could send me to have ago with and ill see if I can send them anything they might like.

Thanks
Tom

gwelsher

Reaction score
Hi guys,

has anyone get a few feathers used to tie the tails of irish shrimps they could send me to have ago with and ill see if I can send them anything they might like.

Thanks
Tom

Hi Tom
PM your address and I will send some.
Gary

Speydulika

Banned
Reaction score
I would like to swap my wife for thirty bob and a packet of Spangles. If you haven't got thirty bob then I can lend it to you if you like :rolleyes:

T

TonyPrior

I would like to swap my wife for thirty bob and a packet of Spangles. If you haven't got thirty bob then I can lend it to you if you like :rolleyes:

Might be able to come up with the 30/- , but aren't Spangles long gone?
Unless you mean the shiny discs associated with Gary Glitter. :confused:

T

TonyPrior

Never heard of that before - is it an island curiosity :confused:

What I meant, in Queen's English, was this!!

[URL=http://s596.photobucket.com/user/TonyPrior/media/SFF%20Stuff/Spangles.jpg.html][IMG]http://i596.photobucket.com/albums/tt46/TonyPrior/SFF%20Stuff/Spangles.jpg[/URL][/IMG]

Last edited:

anodizedchrome

Reaction score
Anyone have any good quality dyed badger, silver, red, magneta? And would be willing to part with some for any other materials? Let me know what you would like and I can send pictures if I have

mikek1

Reaction score
G/p breast feather

Great idea Ade. I have more stuff than you can shake a stick at, especially Arctic Fox in all its types and colours and loads of other hairs. But I still find that there are things that you need for a certain pattern but you are reluctant to buy a full tail/cape until you see the results for yourself. I am willing to kick the ball off.
I am looking for some Deep Hot Orange Bucktail and same colour Badger hackles. More than willing to return some flies or swap for any of the stuff I have.

Hi there i just came across this topic i am looking for some G/P orange breast feather,tried to bleach some but it did not work out,if you have some you might consider selling a small amount.
thanks in advance.

gwelsher

Reaction score
Hi there i just came across this topic i am looking for some G/P orange breast feather,tried to bleach some but it did not work out,if you have some you might consider selling a small amount.
thanks in advance.

On a GP the breast is red and the rump gold yellow. What colour are you looking for?

Hydroform

Reaction score
20170121_180017.jpg
Set of 12 spools of coloured wire for ribbing. Thickness looks about the same as veniard medium gold wire.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Supersalar

Reaction score
Monkey hair

I could share some excellent monkey hair if somebody could share an AAA grade jungle Cock cape with me :)

Pubs

Reaction score
Would anyone have any bits and pieces of tubes or components needed for tying tube files on so that I could try and get to grips with the basics and different components needed? I would be happy to pay or swap if I have anything of interest to anyone. Thanks.

gwelsher

Reaction score
Would anyone have any bits and pieces of tubes or components needed for tying tube files on so that I could try and get to grips with the basics and different components needed? I would be happy to pay or swap if I have anything of interest to anyone. Thanks.

PM me your address and I will send you some samples to try.

Reaction score
Fellow tiers

I have a rook load of materials that I have bought over the years and many of them I don't use that often. I will detail them if requested.

I've been in the situation where I wanted to tie a couple of flies but didn't have the materials for it. I've been in that situation many times, but it sometimes doesn't warrant buying say a cape for a couple of flies.

If I have a material you'd like to try for a couple of flies I'll happily post you a sample. Is anyone else willing to do the same? It may also be a good way of trying before buying and finding out the best suppliers of the best materials.

Like I said, I'll let you know/photograph what I have if anyone is interested and would be willing to send a small sample that would do a couple of flies to anyone who seems genuine about tying and has a need for a particular material.

Maybe a nice idea would be to repay with a fly you've tied with the materials sent just so it becomes a sharing thing not a wanton giveaway.

ATB

Ade

PS Oh, and maybe submit the fly you tie into one of the comps or the SBS
A will tye u some flies for materials