Fly tying material share

kgm

Reaction score
Anybody got some nice quality fine dark claret bucktail to sell or swap.

I've tried Orvis and Cookshill but no luck, I have a natural tail that I can dye myself but thought I'd ask first, thank you.

Greatwhite

Reaction score
Anybody got some nice quality fine dark claret bucktail to sell or swap.

I've tried Orvis and Cookshill but no luck, I have a natural tail that I can dye myself but thought I'd ask first, thank you.

I have email your address will send you some ;)

Greatwhite

Reaction score
Dark claret

How's this Kgm

kgm

Reaction score
Looks good, is that from Veniards or do you just have a veniards bag behind it ??

I struggled to find any online.

finreid

Reaction score
Burnt Orange Cock Hackles

Hi guys, I'm after some of the above, but dont want to buy a whole cape! Does anyone have a few feathers I could buy/swap?

kgm

Reaction score
Grey turkey tail feathers

Maybe a long shot but does anybody have some grey turkey tail feathers or ideally white tipped grey turkey tail feather. The fibers would have to be 2" long. Dyed swan may do as a substitute or plain white turkey tails that I can dye up. Cash waiting or swap for whatever you'd like.

I need some for the underwing of the Braelangwell classic salmon fly. The only place that I have seen any is on Aaron's site aofeathers.com but the $25 postage is a killer.

Thank you.

edmaudling

Reaction score
Toucan

I have found at the bottom of my box some genuine Toucan on a skin. I know that some of you tiers still want to produce original dressings and I do not know if toucan is still available.

Anyhow I am willing to post some to a genuine tier of built wing beauties as my eyes are now not up to doing them and I am resigned to proding hairwings.

pm if you are interested

Bucktail Bob

Banned
Reaction score
Maybe a long shot but does anybody have some grey turkey tail feathers or ideally white tipped grey turkey tail feather. The fibers would have to be 2" long. Dyed swan may do as a substitute or plain white turkey tails that I can dye up. Cash waiting or swap for whatever you'd like.

I need some for the underwing of the Braelangwell classic salmon fly. The only place that I have seen any is on Aaron's site aofeathers.com but the $25 postage is a killer.

Thank you.

11 LOVELY SWAN TAIL FEATHERS FLY TYING ARTS CRAFTS | eBay

hurricane

Reaction score
Blue Guinea foul hackles

Hey chaps,
I need a substantial amount of blue guinea foul hackles and can happily swap other materials for them.

Sure let me know

cheers

hurricane

Reaction score
20 - 30, probably more.

Chances are I will buy some from cookshill but was hoping to find someone who bought a few packs and never used them. :D

Bucktail Bob

Banned
Reaction score
I have a kingfisher blue polish brahma badger cape from lakeland (unused) surplus to my requirements for anyone not familiar with these they are huge capes with layers of the best marked badger hackles you will find anywhere , i would swap for materials of similar value preferably capes or furs.

rugbyfisher

Reaction score
I don't suppose anyone has some blue kingfisher do they??

I am trying to source some to make my fly for the swap a bit more authentic, failing that does anyone know of a good substitute?

any help would be much appreciated

AllyG
If you can't source any try the 'indian roller' they are sometimes on ebay.
What particular feathers from the bird were you looking for?

Bucktail Bob

Banned
Reaction score

Thank you.

some on e bay you will need to be quick though they wont hang around for long.

Fly Tying Turkey Tail Pairs Grey Speckled | eBay

hurricane

Reaction score
Alright chaps,
I was about to order to materials but decided I would check here first if anyone is interested in a swap.

I have 2 large unused patches of nayat from foxytails, one red and one hot orange, I also have a large patch of nayat in kingfisher blue but I have used about 50% of it. All are still foxytails packaging.

I mainly use shrimp patterns so have little use for these.

Below is what I am looking for

1. Natural white marble fox or yellow marble fox if you have a dark shade of yellow.
  2. Partridge heavy iron doubles in sizes 2 - 8
  3. Quality small and medium oval tinsel

cheers

hurricane

Reaction score
Has anyone got any coneheads to swap, good quality eumer for example.

cheers

the ditch

Reaction score
Anybody got some red badger 6 feathers in total as I don't need a full cape, as I will be only tying a few Red Francis?