Fly Tying Double Hooks

Jock

Reaction score
Never found the perfect hook yet....very often because the quality has been poor and often the price more than that of pure gold per gram:rolleyes:.

So for 2016 I will be trying these as my go to double hook
DSC_0817.jpg

Now they are still not my perfect hook, they are however very sharp, with few failures when it comes to testing their strength, brazing on some could be better, size 6 arrrived as a different design and material to the others, the others are stainless steel. Weight wise they are more Q than P in partridge money, but at 9p:eek: a hook a lot cheaper:)

I reckon I will be more than happy with their performance, doubt I'll lose any salmon because of hook failure with these, time will tell and I will keep you informed.

Last edited:

paddymc

Reaction score
Never found the perfect hook yet....very often because the quality has been poor and often the price more than that of pure gold per gram:rolleyes:.

View attachment 8720

Now they are still not my perfect hook, they are however very sharp, with few failures when it comes to testing their strength, brazing on some could be better, size 6 arrrived as a different design and material to the others, the others are stainless steel. Weight wise they are more Q than P in partridge money, but at 9p:eek: a hook a lot cheaper:)

I reckon I will be more than happy with their performance, doubt I'll lose any salmon because of hook failure with these, time will tell and I will keep you informed.

What are they Jock ?

Lamson v10

Reaction score

View attachment 8720

What's the name of the hook ?? and where do u purchase them ??

pfeul

Reaction score
Don't know if they have a name. That said I think there maybe one or two out there selling them under their own made up name at ten times the price:eek:

They look a lot to some hooks I bought few months ago which were named as "Rival" hooks. And I confirm I paid them more expensive :(

I have the same comments as you regarding quality, design depending on the size, and brazing.

salmonshrimp

Reaction score

FaughanPurple

Reaction score
They look like Salar seconds.

There was a big batch of silver salars knocking around a while back, about 5 years ago, that were awful and recalled.

It difficult to assess without hands on but I Wouldn't be surprised if these are them resurfacing.

Last edited: