Fly Swap November 2015

Piker20

Reaction score
Found a wonderful envelope stuck in the letter box. Couldn't wait till Christmas.
A lovely set of flies to have a swim. Another great SFF swap.

Hemmy

Reaction score
Found a wonderful envelope stuck in the letter box. Couldn't wait till Christmas.
A lovely set of flies to have a swim. Another great SFF swap.

If I'd known it was stuck I'd have nipped up and lifted it......:):):)

mc andy

Reaction score
Flies arrived today:D. Cracking wee selection.

Well done to Gary for taking the time to arrange the swap. And be sure and post if anyone had success on the flies.

mc andy

Reaction score
Should say I particularly like the offering from over the Atlantic. Just so different from anything in my boxes. What hook is it nwsalar? Looks a serious bit of iron! Love it. :)

Last edited:

nwsalar

Reaction score
Tiger Ghosts

As I recall, I tied that set on #8 Partridge Patriots. There are numerous variations of this pattern. I have caught fish on this one from the Matapedia to the Dartmouth, from size 2-10.

gwelsher

Reaction score
Got mine today great set, well done all.
Thanks to Gary for organising.
Happy Christmas.

Loxie

Reaction score
As I recall, I tied that set on #8 Partridge Patriots. There are numerous variations of this pattern. I have caught fish on this one from the Matapedia to the Dartmouth, from size 2-10.

Looks great, even better in the flesh than in pictures. Looking forward to reporting my first success on it.

mc andy

Reaction score

Haven't used the patriots as yet. Still using the last of my salars and had been concerned as to what hook to change to, but know need as the patriot looks solid :)

Thanks again to everyone who participated.

nwsalar

Reaction score
Xmas Present from Scotland

The flies arrived yesterday. I straightened all the fibers last night and now I'm having a grand time going through the the posts identifying the flies, the tiers and where they were fished. Thanks to all, Steph

nwsalar

Reaction score
Green Mamba

I thought it would be fun to end/start the new year by copying the patterns from the swap for my boxes. Some may not be exact copies as they need to be tied on singles for the Miramichi next fall; however, I started with Piker20's Green Mamba as I know it will see action on the Gaspe in June. Kinermony Killer is up next.

Piker20

Reaction score
Hope they prove tasty to your local residents. Look forward to some pics of silver.