Fly Swap November 2015

GaryD

Reaction score
Looks like we have the full complement of 10, dryfly just running a wee bit late, so good news and hopefully a successful first swap of the season :cool:

Once all in I'll post a pic of the selection before sending out just to whet the appetite ;)

Jockiescott

Reaction score
Mine are in the post this morning. Hopefully you'll have them by tomorrow or Monday at the latest.

GaryD

Reaction score
FaughanPurple and Jockiescott, your flies arrived yesterday and two cracking sets they are too :)

Only waiting on two now, so shouldn't be long before I can get them all out to you guys.

GaryD

Reaction score
Still waiting on nwsalar's flies coming in from across the atlantic, and dryfly has been delayed due to family reasons, so prob middle of next wk before flies sent out. Will keep you all updated.

Piker20

Reaction score
Hope you're using some lovely wrapping paper, they can go under the tree. Not much else to look forward to now I'm all grown up.:rolleyes:

GaryD

Reaction score
Nwsalar, your flies arrived today, cracking set and very different from the rest and can't wait to try them out. Only waiting in dryfly's now which he said he was doing sat, so shouldn't be much longer before I can send them out :)

GaryD

Reaction score
Looks like we won't be getting an entry from dryfly after all (family things, can't be helped) so will get flies sent out by weekend. Does mean there will be a spare set so unless any objections I'll donate them to Lets Tackle Cancer to auction off for a good cause :)

GaryD

Reaction score
Sorted all the flies out and will get to the post office tmrw. Here's a pic of what's winging its way to you all...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 132

GaryD

Reaction score
Flies all posted and on their way in time for Christmas :D

Munro at Lets Tackle Cancer has been in touch so will get spare set auctioned off. I've added in a wee aurora cascade to make it up to 10 and hopefully they'll raise a few quid for a good cause.

Merry Christmas to one and all!

Last edited:

Dryfly

Reaction score
Guys. My apologies for being a konb, plonker and arse. I will be putting in a bid on the flies of course, they look great! Mum has been in hospital and then mother in law had an eye operation. Its been manic running between the two who live just over 100 miles apart.

Apologies.

Piker20

Reaction score
Dryfly, that's what life does to us. You at least kept the swap Meister up-to-date with what was happening which is more than can be said for other swaps I've been in elsewhere.

Loxie

Reaction score
Guys. My apologies for being a konb, plonker and arse. I will be putting in a bid on the flies of course, they look great! Mum has been in hospital and then mother in law had an eye operation. Its been manic running between the two who live just over 100 miles apart.

Apologies.

Family first. Always. Don't worry about it at all.

Loxie

Reaction score
Just received my flies. They are really good with one exception, mine! I feel a bit embarrassed at the quality you guys have produced. I look forward to posting that I've had a fish on one.

Hemmy

Reaction score
Just received my flies. They are really good with one exception, mine! I feel a bit embarrassed at the quality you guys have produced. I look forward to posting that I've had a fish on one.

That fish will be on yours :rolleyes::rolleyes::)

Well done guys.....looks a great set of flies :)

Jockiescott

Reaction score

That is all part of the swap experience, feeling that your own contribution has lowered the standard. :eek: :)

Mine arrived today too. Great set of flies. Thanks to everyone who contributed and I wish a speedy recovery to Dryfly's mother and mother in law. Family comes first!