Fly Swap November 2015

Piker20

Reaction score
Been reading some books on history of salmon fishing, and some would have you believe its not the fly but the way its fished that matters so patterns are irrelevant. That being the case, you can't have too many kk's, or any other style :D

That was in the days the rivers were so full you could walk across.

Loxie

Reaction score
Wolds salmon, your flies arrived today and a nice set they are too :)

No dig intended, but could everyone else remember the SAE :p;):rolleyes:

I've done 8.5, should finish the weekend. I've forgotten how fiddly these are on a 15 and never done ten nearly the same before. Normally every fly I tie is unique, and not always in a good way. I'll try to remember the SAE!

Loxie

Reaction score
Mine are all done, I just need to photograph and post them. I am a little embarrassed at the quality and consistency.

FaughanPurple

Reaction score
You only tie the same fly once Loxie or I do any way lol

Struggling with feathers too need to dye up another batch of GP after this. It's cleaning me out :eek:

Loxie

Reaction score
image.jpg

Size 15 squirrel cascades. I have done very well on these in low water and not so low water.

FaughanPurple

Reaction score
Finn Gold

These are my contribution. A final coat of varnish and they'll be popped in the post.

Attachments

• DSC_0993.jpg
    DSC_0993.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 296
  • DSC_0983.jpg
    DSC_0983.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 266

nwsalar

Reaction score
Tiger Ghost

Posted these this morning. This is a variant of the Tiger Ghost that has taken fish from the Matapedia to the York for me. It was my top fly last year, even on the Bonaventure where most angler's go to flies are green.

Piker20

Reaction score
Nwsalar, nothing like that in my box. Look forward to seeing this one.
Looks like its going to be another good set of flies.

Jockiescott

Reaction score
I have to apologise folks. Due to one thing and another I only managed to get the flies finished last night. Went to post them today and my local post office closes at 1pm on a Wednesday. :mad: I wont get them posted now until Friday.

I apologise for holding the whole process up. It might be Monday before mine reach their destination.

Apologies again!!! :(

gwelsher

Reaction score
Sorry lads problem my end. I've been in and out of hospital for weeks so no chance to tie the swap flies :(
I have sent a selection of flies that GaryD can sort out.

aIMG_0004.jpg

Piker20

Reaction score
Life has a nasty habit of getting in the way. Hope you're feeling better soon.

GaryD

Reaction score
Hey Gary, sorry to hear news, hope everything well with your end (whichever end it may be!) soon :p

Have marked the flies received on first post of thread, but reading posts looks like everything on its way. Only one not posted anything is dryfly so sent a wee pm, but hopefully just quiet cos he's so busy tying :)

Last edited: