Reaction score

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Looking forward to trying this one.
Mine went in the post today.

Slaneybs

Reaction score
Tenerife

Gary
The craic must be great in Tnerife if you are checking on posts at this time of night!

GaryD

Reaction score
Gary
The craic must be great in Tnerife if you are checking on posts at this time of night!

Had to take it easy yesterday, too much beer and sun over weekend meant I was a touch overdone (ie lobster) so days shopping with my good lady and wee lass and then sitting on patio with some dorada watching sunset. Only problem with sleeping earlier is I'm now up at this unearthly hour :mad:

And no, GK, didn't bring my vice, need space to bring dutyfree home :D. Anyway, when are you going to announce the invention test TOTM results? No reason, just wanted to know....:p

Grassy_Knollington

Reaction score
Had to take it easy yesterday, too much beer and sun over weekend meant I was a touch overdone (ie lobster) so days shopping with my good lady and wee lass and then sitting on patio with some dorada watching sunset. Only problem with sleeping earlier is I'm now up at this unearthly hour :mad:

And no, GK, didn't bring my vice, need space to bring dutyfree home :D. Anyway, when are you going to announce the invention test TOTM results? No reason, just wanted to know....:p

Some chap called Gary I think, now let me find that fanfare it's down here somewhere . . . .

Well done BTW and enjoy the rest of your holiday

billy fish

Reaction score
Fly swap

Half way through. Should be able to post in the next couple of days.
Black Brahan , never tied one before. It's recommended in the far north of Scotland and other places for a good low water grilse catcher. Needs another coat of varnish.

IMG_1892.jpg

Colin.

Jockiescott

Reaction score
I got mine done yesterday. Need another coat of varnish, or two, but should be in the post tomorrow. I'll get a pictures up soon.

Sawyer

Reaction score
My offering, been a successful fly for me, early in the morning when the fish are in the heads/tails of pools.

March fly swap.jpg

billy fish

Reaction score
Fly swap.

Done and all ready for posting but can't find address to send to. Anyone out there help by pm? Personal message not this afternoon.
Colin.

IMG_1923.jpg

Jockiescott

Reaction score
Sorry everyone!

I'll only get to the post office today so apologies as I'm holding the whole thing up.

Unfortunately photobucket is playing up with me so can't upload my photo, but the 10 are done and will be sent today.

I've tied my wee low water Comet that has done me well over the past couple of season. They're tied on size 12 Silver Doubles.

Sawyer

Reaction score
Mine posted today too, a couple of single hook versions in there as well as I seem to remember a couple of our "foreign" participants cant use doubles.
Have a good Easter everyone.

FaughanPurple

Reaction score
and I thought I was holding the show up :p:eek::eek:

Flies will be posted this evening on my way home. Apologies in advance for them being a bit a rough but they're tied to mainly end up in trees on dark gloomy evenings, and maybe catch the odd fish :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Grassy_Knollington

Reaction score
Mine will be in the post tomorrow, apologies for delay if it's me. Had the doubles tied for a couple of weeks but kept getting 'Frankenhead' on the singles. Hope they look ok now.

Rgds

GK

GaryD

Reaction score
Sorry for delay gents, back to a maelstrom of work
and only now getting time to sort through my post. So far have 8 sets (incl mine) as follows:
scott
mark
paul
brian
gary w
richard
colin
me

Still waiting on 2, canewizard and deanevans (I think), and once in will sort out and return.:)

ps: thanks to those who included some extras, and especially to colin for the tying materials, much appreciated and will be used!

Last edited:

deanevans

Reaction score
Sorry for delay gents, back to a maelstrom of work
and only now getting time to sort through my post. So far have 8 sets (incl mine) as follows:
scott
mark
paul
brian
gary w
richard
colin
me

Still waiting on 2, canewizard and deanevans (I think), and once in will sort out and return.:)

ps: thanks to those who included some extras, and especially to colin for the tying materials, much appreciated and will be used!
Mine should be with you in the morning Gary sorry gents if it's me holding everything up Dean

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

GaryD

Reaction score
No problem Dean, you're not the last! Canewizard's tend to take longer in the post as they come from Germany, but shouldn't be long before you get your first flyswap set to give a swim :D

Whilst on, can I just remind everyone that if you catch a fish on one of the flies from the swap remember and post, would make someone's day ;)

GaryD

Reaction score
Bad news gents, Dean's flies were sent last week but haven't arrived so would seem to have got lost
in the post (or my postie who also fishes has knicked them :p).

Have spoken to Dean and rather than hold things up further whilst he ties another set you will each receive just 9 flies this time, or 10 if I can dig out some spare shrimps.

Shame for Dean as its his first swap and I know he'll have spent a lot of time tying his set, but at least he and everyone else gets a a cracking set of flies to fish through the summer.

GaryD

Reaction score
Got a note through door yesterday from PO re a parcel that the full postage hadn't been paid on and lo and behold it's Dean's flies, so we have the full complement! Will get them sorted and sent out asap, probably weekend before I get time.
Gary